New Owner - Big Smile

So there we were last Saturday, out seeing how many test drives we could get from various dealers, maybe see if we could take a new car home overnight.

Finally made it to the Acura dealer, figured they'd let us take out an RL for a little while in hopes of getting me out of my 2005 TL. We go into the showroom so the saleslady can get some RL keys, and there she is.

2004 Rio Yellow NSX. Perfect looking. My wife and I look at each other and drool, and start doing the math on the payment.

Saleslady comes back and sees the drool on the floor, and goes to get the keys to open it up. She tells us the first owner leased it new, just returned it on Wednesday. Seems as though he had too many toys, since she had only 2813 miles on the clock...

2 hours later and she was sitting in the garage, very happy to have owners who will appreciate and drive her!!

Drive safe,
D & L, proud new NSX owners

Let the color wars begin, congrats on getting the 2nd best color NSX, the first is Spa Yellow Pearl:biggrin:

LOL...i know the feeling of the drool. I did an impulse buy with my '91 35k km's(6yrs ago) AND my '98...24k km's (2yrs ago) Lucky a friend worked there and saved me huge money on the price advertised. Something with this car I just forget the rules of conduct on buying a car! Congrats on the new car and...a new lifestyle to come :)

Congrats and welcome. Timing and luck is always a blessing. Post some pics when you get a chance. 2813 miles, mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm, not broken in yet.:biggrin:

Let the color wars begin, congrats on getting the 2nd best color NSX, the first is Spa Yellow Pearl:biggrin:

Congrats on the new car..... +1 for the yellow!!!!!!!

+2 for the yellow:wink:

Congratulations!

Now you have to start practicing saying "thank you" when you begin to receive compliments on your car from family, friends, strangers and even the police!

Have fun,

Mario

Congratulations!

Now you have to start practicing saying "thank you" when you begin to receive compliments on your car from family, friends, strangers and even the police!

Have fun,

Mario

He's speaking the truth about the police :) It's boggles me how often I get compliments while going thru a road block. Right after the "Did you have any drinks tonight sir"?

Congrats on the NSX! That thing is brand spanking new:smile:

I forgot to mention our saleslady had only been working there for 4 weeks. Means she was probably the noob who had to go out and help the random customer milling about looking in the parking lot.

When we left to go get the trade (2006 Pilot) she said the other salesguys were razzing her, "Oh, they're not coming back", "They didn't even leave a deposit", "No way they'll buy it". So much so that they didn't even move it out, wash it, or go get a tank of gas. (Took care of the washing with a full Zaino polish on Sunday...)

She had faith and defended us though, so she had the last laugh, and probably bragging rights for months!

And yes, "Thank you" has rapidly become a very common phrase for us.

Congrats on the new ride - how the heck u go from a RL to an NSX I have no idea but very cool choice! :)

May I ask what dealer / location you bought this from? an 04 with less than 3000 miles is super rare and I'm hoping to find a black one the same one you did one day.....might give your saleslady a call and see if she can help me locate a car too! Can I get her contact info?

Snap us some pics of your new baby!

rick

I forgot to mention our saleslady had only been working there for 4 weeks. Means she was probably the noob who had to go out and help the random customer milling about looking in the parking lot.

When we left to go get the trade (2006 Pilot) she said the other salesguys were razzing her, "Oh, they're not coming back", "They didn't even leave a deposit", "No way they'll buy it". So much so that they didn't even move it out, wash it, or go get a tank of gas. (Took care of the washing with a full Zaino polish on Sunday...)

She had faith and defended us though, so she had the last laugh, and probably bragging rights for months!

And yes, "Thank you" has rapidly become a very common phrase for us.
Can safely say if you're getting an Nsx, your experience in cars is enough, so no need a salesperson to tell technical stuff you already know. Just some history, km's etc...I tend to like the newbies, as they try harder and much more appreciative of your business. Never hurts to help out the lower end(small fish) person at times, as we've all been there I'm sure.

Congrats on the new ride - how the heck u go from a RL to an NSX I have no idea but very cool choice! :)

May I ask what dealer / location you bought this from? an 04 with less than 3000 miles is super rare and I'm hoping to find a black one the same one you did one day.....might give your saleslady a call and see if she can help me locate a car too! Can I get her contact info?

Snap us some pics of your new baby!

rick

Congrats on the new car. I went from an 8 month old 06 RL to a new 05 NSX. It was a very easy choice though I did have to buy an RSX-S for bad weather.........Steve

Back