New Owner and New Member

I just became an owner of a beautiful, well maintained low mileage 91 NSX. I have been a Porsche guy for many years and was looking for a change. After owning three 911’s, I was looking for a fourth when I remembered how awesome a NSX looks. I joined the forum and started sifting through posts and pored over the classifieds. Originally I was looking for black on black, or silver on black, you know the colors no one else is looking for :) and came across GCNXS’s red 91 in the classifieds. I have to say, the pics do not capture the beauty of this car, it is absolutely stunning. I keep going out in the garage and staring it. I have to say, I don’t think there is a more beautiful car than a NSX. Looking forward to learning more about the NSX. I do all my own mechanical work on all my cars and looking forward to gaining and sharing technical info on these cars.

Here’s a pic of my last 911 and my first NSX.

John

Attachments

• Dsc_0014.jpg
    Dsc_0014.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 222
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 235
Congratulations, John! Welcome to NSX and Prime. I really like the gold color of your (last) 911, and it appears so clean. :smile:

welcome to our NE neck of the woods, you will have fun working on these cars....just ask Larry B...:wink:

Congrats on your purchase John! Beautiful car - in fact, it looks like the twin brother of mine! (stock 91 with upgraded 94 nsx wheels). I got mine a year ago, and STILL find myself admiring this beautiful beast ever time I enter the garage. Happy Motoring -- Jay

You story is similiar to mine. I owned 2 911's, a 1985 Turbo(Slantnose conversion) and a 2001 996 targa. I loved both cars but I could never get the NSX out of my head. I've have my NSX for about 3 months and don't regret going Acura for one minute. The overall feel, fit and finish is still a marvel. The car was so ahead of its time. What's nice is you can actually drive these cars and not have to worry about breaking down easilly. Enjoy it...I have in laws in East Greenwich, maybe when the weather breaks
we can meet up in RI.
Rob

PS-The members on this site are amazing...I've never met a group of guys so willing to help and offer advice....One member even can with me to inspect my car before purchase(Thanks Again Honcho).

Hey, welcome to the NSX community! I think you'll probably be hearing from many former Porsche owners who have moved into NSX ownership. Both great cars for sure. Looks like you found a very nice NSX. Looks terrific. Your garage also looks gorgeous. I see you have it heated. Can we assume they'll be some NSX graphics adorning the walls soon?

John in NC

I made the same move you did! I had had 3 911s before coming to the same realization you did about the NSX and I'm glad I did! If only you could feel the same about a 911 as you do about the Honda when driving it around. With the 911 every noise makes you cringe and visualize little dollar bills with wings on them flying out the window! Am I right, even if you do your own work - those Porsche parts ain't cheap.

You'll love your NSX - it's a great car and I can tell you for sure it handles light years better than the 911 you just sold. My last 911 was a 96 993 coupe and with the multi link suspension that one had it was finally tamed down pretty much and then there was the 285 hp that would propel you easily - it was a great car but it was worrisome - noises....etc. Like I said if a 911 was as bullet proof as the NSX well there would be a lot of different stories here.

Have fun and I know you are gonna love driving your new NSX!

Thanks for all the replies. Now if I can just find an ACURA dealer sign to mount next to the Porsche sign for the garage???? RI got it's first dusting of snow so the sanding trucks will be out soon. I was glad to get in some seat time before the car goes into hibernation. The NSX is a blast to drive, very different from a 1980 911SC.

The NSX is a blast to drive, very different from a 1980 911SC.

Viva la differance! Although there is no sound like that of an air cooled Porsche at full throttle at near redline! But the NSX sounds really great too! Both great but different!

Congratulations....I still go in the garage to look at my car after owning it for over six years...also still do the look back after I park and walk aways...good feeling to still feel that way! :wink:

Hey John,
I'm sure glad that NSX stayed in RI! She's a beauty! I rode with Greg out to New York in her to visit Larry B. where my NSX was being serviced. Rode Greg's out and mine back. You'll never regret switching to the NSX. Just stay away from Inskip. They don't call them stealerships for nothing. Keep in touch... We should organize another NSX rally this summer.

Gary

captngaryr

"Just stay away from Inskip. They don't call them stealerships for nothing."

Inskip has never seen any of my cars and never will. I am fortunate that I am able to do all my own wrenching on my cars.

"Keep in touch... We should organize another NSX rally this summer."

Sounds great, Greg is in hot pursuit of another NSX.

I just became an owner of a beautiful, well maintained low mileage 91 NSX. I have been a Porsche guy for many years and was looking for a change. After owning three 911’s, I was looking for a fourth when I remembered how awesome a NSX looks. I joined the forum and started sifting through posts and pored over the classifieds. Originally I was looking for black on black, or silver on black, you know the colors no one else is looking for :) and came across GCNXS’s red 91 in the classifieds. I have to say, the pics do not capture the beauty of this car, it is absolutely stunning. I keep going out in the garage and staring it. I have to say, I don’t think there is a more beautiful car than a NSX. Looking forward to learning more about the NSX. I do all my own mechanical work on all my cars and looking forward to gaining and sharing technical info on these cars.

Here’s a pic of my last 911 and my first NSX.

John

John, welcome and "what a great looking car!" It is exactly the same as mine. '91 with '96 rims. Your car looks extreamly clean! Stunning is a good word to describe it. (not bad for a 20 year old car!)
I found an NSX banner at a dealer a couple of years ago, and they would not sell it for any price. They are hard to find. I keep looking at Acura Dealerships. Maybe one day I will come across one.

warrenw

Thanks! Your NSX is the twin of mine. I may have to settle for a ACURA banner in lieu of a lighted sign. Acquiring the Porsche sign was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Congrats!

About the Banner, I haven't found anyone with a NSX banner, just a Acura banner :(

Back