New Owner 95 Red NSX - few questions...

Hi guys,
Just wanted to know that you guys really helped me out alot when I was looking for my first NSX. Was going to go for a 91-92, but after all the talk about the snap ring, settled on a 95. Thanks.

Just got a couple of questions:
1. Wheels: I have the stock 16/17 OEM wheels and would like to upgrade to the 18/19 set. What width should I be looking for? Any suggestions - looking for something that is chrome with a nice 2" lip - kinda like a double spoke 5 star??? If I just change the wheels, would it look nice or would I NEED to lower the suspension too? How will I know what size hubcentric rings I will need?
2. Stereo/Navigation: Has anyone installed an Eclipse AVN 5435 unit in an NSX? Do double(2) DIN's fit in an NSX if we cut out the tape/cd unit from the dash or would I need to buy a new center console and custom fit it?
3. Backup camera: What would you guys recommend?
4. Alarm: Looking for good alarm with LCD 2 way pager. Someone recommended the VIPER 5000. Anyone using this? Any ideas?
5. HID's: I want something that is SUPER BRIGHT with a blue tint. Anyone know a good make/model that I can buy? Can I also buy HID fogs and turn signals too?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks alot guys. I'll post pics of my car soon. :smile:

Ok this is fodder for the Forum Nazi's (but i think they're all packing/driving to NSXPO right now... wish I were :frown: ) so I'll send you to a couple links that will help you with some of your questions in way more detail/experience than I could ever go into. BUT I will tell you that the SEARCH is the answer to all of the questions you've asked.
I can speak on the HID's from experience. I bought my kit from WhiteNSX's . It was an extremely easy kit to install and priced reasonably. Beacause our cars come with projector styly headlamps it looks very nice and I think it's quite functional. He can get you about any "tint"/brightness you're looking for. Here's where to go... HID kit thread
Another one by Autolamps

I've seen a few Prime members put the factory NAVpod in their car so it is doable. Here's what some searches for navigation turned up:
Aftermarket
Stereo & Nav install writeup

...Basically you can find the answer to just about any question you have regarding the NSX by using the search (sometimes being creative with your search words). You'll find this is a great site with very helpful members!
Good luck!
Michael

Back