new owner 92 nsx auto. wow

few silly questions about this steering. it has a noise in it very small but it is there . the power assist works in parking lots. when driving the steering is tight and very straight forward. i took to the dealer had it checked. they said it seems to be working fine. apparently not many of these were built in 92 .
any advise. concerns. the dealer said it is ok????
timing belt and all maintaince just done. 90k miles and service preformed.
what else do i need to know about this great new car of mine.
chris in ky

What I can say is that the 96 power steering is much more stiff than my current car and it does get really stiff in a turn. I do not know if the power assist works after 40+mph? As for the noise problem. I do not notice any noise for the steering though, i'll double check.

gtr said:
What I can say is that the 96 power steering is much more stiff than my current car and it does get really stiff in a turn. I do not know if the power assist works after 40+mph? As for the noise problem. I do not notice any noise for the steering though, i'll double check.

i would not call it a noise it just feels like a bump from the steering like the power assisit is kicking in abrouptly

ckarate2 said:
few silly questions about this steering. it has a noise in it very small but it is there . the power assist works in parking lots. when driving the steering is tight and very straight forward. i took to the dealer had it checked. they said it seems to be working fine. apparently not many of these were built in 92 .
any advise. concerns. the dealer said it is ok????
timing belt and all maintaince just done. 90k miles and service preformed.
what else do i need to know about this great new car of mine.
chris in ky

Were the mechanics that looked at the car NSX certified? Does the "bump" occur as you are turning the steering wheel? What city was the seller in?

TAG said:
Were the mechanics that looked at the car NSX certified? Does the "bump" occur as you are turning the steering wheel? What city was the seller in?

This makes a huge difference being NSX certified as I have learned in the past dealing with an Acura dealership...no names but located in Springfield, Missouri replaced my water pump with an rsx water pump an was leaking all over the place before they even pulled it out of the bay to me...and they were like oops:redface: , they look the same.
I wasn't laughing, needless to say the service was damn near free.:wink:

the car is in ky and i dont know if it was a nsx cert. tech or not.
steering is tight and very responsive.
but at idle starting to turn its like a abrupt steering bump and then the assist kicks in. it seems to work fine just the feedback through the wheel feels strong as the assist kicks in.
i was told it is normal. might be. feels fine.
can someone describe how the assist feels to them.

Back