New Owner - 91 NSX Sebring Silver - And fun question regarding Legend G1 modification

Hey group,

I’m happy to announce I’m now the proud owner of a 1 owner 91 Acura NSX, totally stock with 56K miles. I’ve been holding out for awhile for the right one, as I specifically wanted the Sebring Silver color. I've seen it in person and she is a beauty.

DSC_0001_zpsedfd6cb5.jpg DSC_0003_zps190cfe75.jpg DSC_0004_zps21ebcc80.jpg

Anyway, I pick it up in NJ at the end of the month and will be driving it to Chicago to have there for a few weeks, and then will be road tripping it to Los Angeles, where I spend most of my time.

I have a very bizarre and crazy question that I was hoping people might be able to chime in on. I’ve owned several G1 Legends and absolutely LOVE them. I have a near mint 89 Legend LS with 160K miles on it that I use as my daily driver in Chicago.

Legend.jpg

If anyone is familiar with the LS G1 models, you will know that they have a very cool Information Center (trip and maintenance computer) that sits above the AC Vents. It gives current mpg, average mpg, trip miles, monitors how many miles till next oil change, service appointment, monitors levels for oil, coolant, and washer fluid, and fuel remaining with miles. They discontinued this computer feature in the G2 Legends, which boggles my mind, and I was surprised to see they didn’t offer it in the NSX either.

1988 Acura Legend L (07).jpg

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to retrofit a G1 computer to the NSX? Would this even be possible considering the different sensors, etc. that monitor all of these things? The placement where the current clock is on the NSX with the dead plastic button on the right and the useless plastic button on the left of the clock for when the car is off closely mimics the look of the display unit I’m discussing. So I feel as though being able to retrofit that element would not be a problem, but making it actually work would be the issue.

Here is a thread on my Legend Forum I belong to discussing a guy who fitted his non LS Legend G1 with the computer that shows all of the electrical schematics and sensors, etc, in case somebody finds this as interesting of a project as I do: http://forums.acuralegend.org/info-center-install-into-t46.html?t=46&highlight=trip+computer

Once again, I know this sounds crazy, I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if anyone shares my frustration that Acura left all of these options off of the NSX and G2 Legends?

Personally I’m going to be keeping my NSX stock, but this is the only modification I would consider making if possible.

Thanks, and I look forward to being part of the NSXPrime community.

Best,
T,

Last edited:
As another semi-recent buyer welcome to the club. Great color choice and good on you for holding out, I couldn't manage the same level of patience but am happy with my FR.

Welcome. Beautiful car... is this the one that had the fuzzy seat covers???

Interesting question on the Information Center. I suspect it is possible, but it might be enormously complicated to do.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and compliments! Yes, this is the car that had the fuzzy seat covers. And I can tell you the leather is pristine underneath. He did put leather cleaner and moisturizer on the seats every so often.

The owner is a fascinating guy. He bought 3 NSX's, all new in 1990/91. Black, Red, and Silver. He just sold the Red one a few weeks back, now the Silver one to me, and I believe the Black one will be going up on Ebay in the next few weeks. He took impeccable care of all 3 vehicles since 91, and the full set of service records are amazing to have.

Anyway, I'm super excited to be a part of this new car group. I also own a DeLorean and have been immersed in that group for the last 20 years, so this will be a fun change. :)

Welcome. Beautiful car... is this the one that had the fuzzy seat covers???

Back