New Owner-1800+ mile Journey !

I flew into Orlando Tues afternoon from Denver and met the owner of a beautiful 1992 White/blk/auto NSX. He picked me up at the airport and took me to 1st Class Auto , where they were prepping the car for my journey home to Denver. I keep hearing everyone say the autos are slow- not this one ! At sea level it pulls VERY hard, (Just ask Oster at 1st Class Auto how hard it pulls). I was very impressed and not expecting that at all. I don't know about any mods except a K&N filter- stock exhaust etc.
I went through Florida, Georgia, Tenn, Missouri , Kansas and finally Colorado, in just 3 days.(I wonder if I was spotted by any prime members ?)
Well , long story short, the trip was fantastic- all 1800+ miles !!! I got back about noon today. The car performed great and averaged about 27 mpg with the a/c on. The car got stares across the country and even some challenges from envious Stang and Mitsu owners.
The NSX is truly a great car and a terrific road car- if you have the time, don't ship your car, drive it home, I know it's an experience, that I'll never forget. (Like when the Illinois State Trouper pulled along side for several minutes checking it out.)
When I arrived at my home in Denver today, I overheard my neighbor say, look at him, he bought a Ferrari ! Then the neighbor kids were all starring at it asking what kind of car it was. I made them guess for 10 minutes.
I spent an hour or so washing the bugs off and put her to bed. We'll both sleep well tonight, it's been a crazy but fun week.
As Ferris Bueller once said "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up".

p.s.- no pics yet because it was dark when I finished washing her.

Last edited:
Congrats !! Ya bought the BEST Color Combo !

I know the car you bought. It was on Ebay and I was tempted to bid on it since it was so god damn cheap !!!! Figured for that price I'd use it as a back up ! Was in prime market for $30K a few months back. Did you pay $22K for it?? :eek: Did the former owner really give up the NSX for a New Mustang ???????????

I have a 93' Auto White / Black and its AWESOME !!!
Today a guy double parked, jumped out of his car and snapped a few pix of my car while it was parked... talk about stopping traffic. :tongue:
I had a blast driving mine back from Iowa - NYC. How fast did you dare to drive it on the way home?

I didn't see it on Ebay(it was in NSX Trader and Autotrader) but yes he basically traded it for a new Mustang. I did get it for a great price but it has a few things that need to be sorted out.(A/C fan intermittant, Tach stays at 2500 and the radio is dead)
Hopefully, with the help of this board I can get everything working properly very soon. The paint is very nice for being 15 years old. The interior shows a little wear on the driver seat but other than that , it's perfect and all original !
One more thing, after the 1800 mile trip- the oil was still full and clean!!! - I've never seen a car go that far without using some oil. Is that normal for an NSX ?

Here's the Ebay ad.
Its interesting that he did not disclose all those issues, minor though they be,
in his ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320156479435&rd=1

Did you get it with those wheels as shown in ad?
He said OEM.. but those are not OEM.

TOo bad you didn't drive it up this way... you could have dropped it off at Larry B's and had
all issues taken car of the right way.

:smile: Congrats on your purchase I flew to Denver to buy mine and drove her 1100 miles home. What a great journey it was. Enjoy it!

sweet! another CO member, great story.

Here are a couple pics- maybe someone can tell me more about the wheels.
I was "told" that they were "stock" 16"-17" 1996 NSX wheels. They are chrome, I thought factory wheels were all polished aluminum. (or painted)
I'll try to get some nice outdoor shots later this week- (hurricane force winds are bringing a cold front to Denver at present.-about 40-60mph winds currently near Boulder)

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 66
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 86
  • garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I never felt the Auto's are slow. The reaction time when floored all the way is one of the fastest IMO. Congrats on the new ride, and I'm sure the old owner will have you in his mind in time to come. lol...Nice Combo :)

Those certainly look like stock wheels that have been chromed to me. I've been thinking of having my wheels done the same way.

The stock wheels weren't polished though, they are painted. Some people, including myself, have striped the paint off the stock wheels, but they come with a grey paint finish.

Those certainly look like stock wheels that have been chromed to me. I've been thinking of having my wheels done the same way.

The stock wheels weren't polished though, they are painted. Some people, including myself, have striped the paint off the stock wheels, but they come with a grey paint finish.
Thanks for the info about the wheels, had I known that, I may have swapped them with yours when I was in Florida, I'm not really into the chrome "bling" look. (I prefer stock) but they do look pretty good on a white car.

For those that purchase their cars out of state, was there ever the slightest hint of fear or anxiety? What if you encountered a dishonest seller and the actual car deviated from what was advertise? For those reasons, I can't comprehend an out of state purchase and commend those that do; especially purchasing cars form eBay.

For those that purchase their cars out of state, was there ever the slightest hint of fear or anxiety? What if you encountered a dishonest seller and the actual car deviated from what was advertise? For those reasons, I can't comprehend an out of state purchase and commend those that do; especially purchasing cars form eBay.

Buying out of state is dangerous, if you're not careful. The condition of the car should be determined by a PrePurchase Inspection. Another good idea is having a Prime member take a look at it too. When all was well with my purchase, I had a car dealer handle the transaction.(for a fee) and I flew out to inspect it and drive it home.
Another way to do it is to contact the sellers bank and wire your money to the seller's bank-NOT THE SELLER'S ACCT !, Have the bank hold the funds until you get a bill of sale , a copy of the title and the seller signs the title. Then have his bank overnight the signed title to you.
There are lots of crooks out there , so extreme caution should be observed when dealing out of state.
NSX's are pretty rare, so it is often impossible to find the right car in your home state.
I was at a friends house yesterday and took this pic.- Even next to a Murci, the NSX looks great.

Attachments

• both cars.jpg
    both cars.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 56
Its interesting that he did not disclose all those issues, minor though they be,
in his ebay ad.

Thats the funniest thing I have read in a while!

The reason many people sell cars (or anything) on eBay is so that someone does not SEE all the little things wrong with it.

Reason #42,872 never to buy a car sight unseen.

Back