New NSX, the 700 mile ride. The Porsche 993 has to go!

Pictures of New ride. The Porsche 993 has to go!

After four months of looking and reading hundreds of Prime threads, I just got back to NC from upstate NY after picking up my 91 sebring silver and black with 67k miles and some very nice mods thanks to prior owner. Some of the details:
- Close ratio gears and 4.23 RP (courtesy of snap ring failure)
- 18 and 19" Iforged black center aero wheels
- Eibach springs
- Taitec GTLW exhaust
- Downforce intake
- SOS Short shifter

I'll be selling my 95 Porsche 993 over on RENNLIST http://www.rennlist.com/ads/) shameless plug! since the wife absolutely refuses to let me keep both.

Just wanted to share some general comments from my 700 mile bonding experience. Sorry to NY/NJ primers but man some of those interstates have some major bumps! At least with the 18/19" wheels and Eibach's. I was glad to get closer to home in VA/NC where the roads were really smooth or else I just got used to the ride. The Taitec makes some truely awesome sounds especially around 3500 -4500. The seats while not being nearly as upright nor having the adjustments as the 993 really were comfortable and after two 6 hours stints my lower back still felt fine. The car handles very precise although it does tend to follow parallel ridges and grooves a bit. Fuel mileage with all highway driving at a reasonable 70-80mph was 26+ which I thought was pretty awesome. The short shifter took a bit of getting used to. The throws are short but very firm action is required especially going into 5th or going from 5th to 4th. The 993 while very dated with long throws seems easier to shift and takes a lighter touch. Power seemed very strong especially with the close ratio gears 2nd and 3rd gear are a hoot.

All in all a very uneventful journey with the exception of at almost every stop someone makes a comment about the car or ask what it is and then are amazed when I tell them it's a 15 year old Honda woops Acura!

Most of these comments I'm sure are not news to you. I'm going to miss driving the 993 (and the other 911 variants I've had over the years) and the fellow enthusiast over at RENNLIST.COM but I'm looking forward to exploring the capabilites of the NSX. I'll post some photos soon as I get a chance.

Oh by the way, do any of you guys mod your cars on this forum? (LOL let the games begin). And yes, I plan on joining up as a full Prime member.

Attachments

• 600x2.jpg
    600x2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 800x600x1.jpg
    800x600x1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Where in NC are you located? I am a rather new owner (April '06) myself near Raleigh.

John

Keith,

There's about 2 dozen NSX owners in the immediate Raleigh area. So let us know when you're coming this way.....it will be a good excuse to et together.

John

I'm in Madison, NC

smithk3933 said:
Located in W-S. I've got a son down NC State way. Maybe we can compare notes sometime I'm down that way.

Keith
Garage with a lift.
Mirrorshades is in High Point (I think).
I wanted silver, ended up with a black 91 mod'd by Hennessey Motorsports

smithk3933 said:
Just wanted to share some general comments from my 700 mile bonding experience. Sorry to NY/NJ primers but man some of those interstates have some major bumps!

Oh by the way, do any of you guys mod your cars on this forum? (LOL let the games begin). And yes, I plan on joining up as a full Prime member.

First things first. Picking up an NSX in NY/NJ, its mandatory to stop by my house for the nessesary test drive:biggrin: And our roads are shit. I bent and/or cracked 4 18/19 inch SSR GT3's on various potholes and road hazards.

and second, did you really just ask "do any of us mod our cars?"
Come join us in the Forced Induction Forum. Just remember, the fun really begins when you throw that supercharger on:tongue:

post some pics :biggrin:

of course their are heavy mods here.. =D.. not mine yet but in a year i hope a turbo will be going on..

Yea right in GREENSBORO, NC I got one of the hotest NSX's in the state. I'm usually in winston-salem everyday for business....congrats on acquiring it! :biggrin:

NSXburnout.jpg

Get together in Madison

Xluder said:
Yea right in GREENSBORO, NC I got one of the hotest NSX's in the state. I'm usually in winston-salem everyday for business....congrats on acquiring it! :biggrin:

NSXburnout.jpg
There is a little car show Sat. Oct 7th
We'd host a cookout.
Garage with lift, parking for about 20...right in town!

Back