New NSX should have been 458 Italia

2016_acura_nsx_4.jpg458_italia_itzkirb_09.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Italia looks closer to the NSX I would have imagined as replacement car.

Last edited:
In person, the new NSX looks better. Actually more exotic looking. Let's face it, it's not a half step up design or evolution of the NSX. However, there are some design queues that honor the lineage. Also, the original NSX was about the use of new technologies and production processes. I believe NSX 2.0 lives up to that history. Bottom line, it aspires to be "hyper car" technology and performance with every day drivability for a lot less money. The design is what it is and I doubt there will be any noticeable difference in its look before its first production run. So the only remaining question is how will it perform and at what level. There are no doubt a lot of sleepless nights happening at Honda R&D and the PMC in Ohio.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought that last "Evolution Expert" thought the new NSX should have been the Audi R8? or was it the Alfa Romeo 4c? oh no, it was the McLaren P1...

How about we just let the new NSX, be the new NSX...

Nsx 2.0!

Used Ferrari 458 Italia at $150k VS new Acura NSX 2.0
Performance wise , Who wins and which will you buy?

NSX 2.0 .... Honda Reliability and ease of maintenance! I've owned a couple of the
Horses and the Purchase Price is the Bargain / Easy Part, The Maintenance versus
the miles driven is the deal breaker in equation. Beautiful cars but planning the
budget for maintenance if you truly decide to enjoy / drive it is another thing.

^ took the words rite out of my mouth lol, it's funny these super cars sell out of stock or have waiting list to buy, but WHY do you never see them or why ONLY at car shows, because the owner knows how much they are to maintain and it's not worth driving lol.

Performance: I would be very surprised if Honda doesn't make sure the NSX2 wins here. With the electric motors giving instant torque, it should be a no brainer.

Which would you buy?: 458 would be the better "value" simply because it is a used car and has traveled down the depreciation curve. Over a 2-5 year ownership curve, I am willing to bet that even with the high maintenance of the Ferrari you will come out on top with 458 due to depreciation. I also don't expect the NSX2 to be low maintenance. Maintenance costs have been going up for ALL brands it seems, so unless small independent shops spring up quickly, expect to be paying dealer costs for your NSX2. There is a very good chance that the NSX2 will be a better all around driver though and that is no small thing to take in to account. If you want to drive your car all the time, the more expensive NSX2 may be a better call because it will be ready to go when you are. Ferraris tend to function best as "occasion" cars.

Me personally, I would probably do the 458 as I tend to like used cars, but I am waiting for the 458 to move a little further out of the stratosphere. if I *was* planning to drop over $150k on a car, I have to say that I would be pretty divided and probably decide it via the seat of my pants rather than by the numbers.

so the new nsx should be the 458? problem solved
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LOL, good one :cool:

Wait, I thought that last "Evolution Expert" thought the new NSX should have been the Audi R8? or was it the Alfa Romeo 4c? oh no, it was the McLaren P1...How about we just let the new NSX, be the new NSX...
++++1

2.0, unless my patience wears thin waiting on a targa/spider/wtfever and that 458 is followed by the word spider

Back