• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new nsx owner

get a good grip behind the wheel first. That goes with any car. As for mods, they are endless with no beginning nor end. Its whatever suits your liking. Good luck with her.

Start off slow and take your time. Get use to the power and handling then see if you need more power...

if so, intake, exhaust, sway bars, suspension, brakes, wheels, forced induction..in that order is the route I went.

Welcome to the community and post some pics of your lovely car when you get a chance......

Drive it stock first and then see what mod you think you'll want first. Some people actually enjoy it in stock form.

MashimaroNSX said:
Drive it stock first and then see what mod you think you'll want first. Some people actually enjoy it in stock form.
yes, you may be the most significant mod your car will ever see.
enjoy it for awhile stock, and check out other setups before you go hogwild.
the car's pretty damm good out of the box.:smile:

ps: nsxca is a good start, too.

Cantrell AIS is a good first upgrade.

Edit - Just noticed you're in RVC, I work close to there if you ever need a hand.

Last edited:
NSXAC said:
I just bought my first 2001 NSX-T. Any suggestions as to what should be a must first MOD?

Nothing. Don't open it man... don't do it. You are openning pandora's box... it will never end. 6 years and $60,000 later you will be wondering why you started. :)

Nothing. Don't open it man... don't do it. You are openning pandora's box... it will never end. 6 years and $60,000 later you will be wondering why you started.

For the love of the game, of course.:tongue:

TURBO2GO said:
Nothing. Don't open it man... don't do it. You are openning pandora's box... it will never end. 6 years and $60,000 later you will be wondering why you started. :)

Im 3 or 4 years and $40,000 later and the only thing I regret is not doing it sooner:biggrin: I wasted my time with an M3 and an couple Talon/Eclipse turbo's...should have jumped right in:wink:

Get used to the car and understand it's handling. Try to determine what you want to change (road feel, accelleration,appearance, etc.) then join in on some of our runs and talk to the other owners. Everyone has an opinion of what worked for them but in the end it's your wallet and need for change that will determine how far you want to go. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the neighborhood :cool:

Back