New NSX Owner!

My search for the "great 50k sports car" is over. Actually, the car was about $40k, but there's already been about $7500 in preventative maintenance done. I went through the A/C control fiasco(!). First, the motor was replaced, then the transistor was checked(the transistor wasn't the problem believe it or not), then I got a new control panel and whatever other box they needed to add. I got the timing belt changed, which comes with a valve adjustment and water pump replacement when done at an Acura dealer. I've got new belts and hoses, a new ABS high pressure hose, new Michelin Pilot Sports(thrown in with the sale by Momentum Porsche in Houston), and finally, a new starter.

My car only has 30,000 miles, but being 8-years old, the rubber parts worried me a bit as the NSX is my new daily driver. Finding the NSX was like a dream. I had been searching for '00 & '01 C2s and C4s, spec'-ing out a new M3, reading about Corvette C6 rumors, driving the SLK32 AMG, and more.

Fortunately my father is a sports car collector, so I've gotten to drive some pretty great cars on country roads and at Texas World Speedway. When I saw this 8-year old NSX sitting on the showroom floor, I thought, "Now what is this all about?" If you notice the picture I posted, there's a Ferrari 360 Spider covered in the Garage. That is, by far, my favorite driving experience. You sit right up front and the road just stretches out under your nose. The whole car responds to braking before the corners and accellerating out of them because of the mid-engine, the high revving engine sings a maddeningly beautiful song as you get on the gas, and the stick shift is precise and positive. So, I drove the NSX.

Guess what?

I got the same sensations with the exception of slightly less power and more steering feel!

Sure, there's no warranty, and I needed to get some work done to make the car like-new. But the body is in near-perfect condition (one small touch up spot on the forward part of the driver's door. The engine sings, the brakes are great, and the aftermarket possibilties are almost limitless(Gimme a break, 10-piston Tar Ox brakes!).

nsxweb.jpg

Congrats on the purchase. You will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Rob

Welcome to a pretty exlusive club. The NSX is a real stunner....continuous grin.

post pics of that 360 and your nsx next to each other.

oh yeah, congrats.

Can't Do that...

NSX is now in Florida ... I took that pic in Texas

Back