new nsx owner/member

Hello everyone,

i am a new member. just bought a '96 NSX-T. Red. My first red car! I have own a few sport cars before, but never a red one. this time I had to get a red car. :-)

the previous owners took really good care of it, so it is in very good condition. but there are a few minor problems.
1) water condensation in the trunk. i have been reading this forum, so i know its a commom problem. I will work on this soon.
2) probably due to the water in the trunk, the CD changer is not working.
3) also probably due to the moisture in the trunk, the power antenna does not retract. motor is probably bad, i have not a chance to look at it yet. but anyone knows if I can replace the pwr antenna motor with just a motor from any other acura?
thanks!

Attachments

• my new toy (4).jpg
    my new toy (4).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 84
  • my new toy (10).jpg
    my new toy (10).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 77
  • my new toy (24).jpg
    my new toy (24).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Last edited:
fixed the antenna problem. turns out, it was just a loose wire. I will be working on the trunk condensation problem next.
fun car to drive.
any other nsx owner in kansas?

Last edited:
Welcome, new here myself.

I had moisture in the trunk as well, found the tail light seals leaking. Used some extra thick silicone from a honda buddy (said its a trick that he used when he was a master tech for the dealer) to grease the seal edge and havent had a problem since. Even when washing the car or the down pour we have had this last few weeks in the NW :rolleyes:

Welcome, new here myself.

I had moisture in the trunk as well, found the tail light seals leaking. Used some extra thick silicone from a honda buddy (said its a trick that he used when he was a master tech for the dealer) to grease the seal edge and havent had a problem since. Even when washing the car or the down pour we have had this last few weeks in the NW :rolleyes:

thanks ForceFed. if not too much trouble, do you mind posting a picture of the greased seal(s). Thanks.

The seals are the ones that are in between the body and lights, dont have any pics but should be pretty obvious once removed.

I lubed up both sides of the seals with this grease where contact is made both with the light and body. It repels water and is thick enough that rain and even a hose sprayed on them shouldnt allow water to pass. I can get you the name of it later tonight, Ill text my buddy.

Beats replacing the seals, they are pricey. Mine were pretty shot too and this stuff has worked great.

Back