New NSX Owner in NC!

New NSX Owner in NC - NEW PHOTOS JUST ADDED!

Hello NSX Brothers and Sisters! I just purchased a 2001 Monaco Blue Pearl / Onyx (#152) from a dealership in Raleigh, North Carolina. (I live in Winston-Salem, NC) The car has 31,000 miles and is in mint condition. Two sets of new wheels / tires have been purchased and a new CF rear spoiler has been added and painted to match. Other than those slight mods, the car is completely stock! I will be posting photos soon. :cool:
<!-- / message -->

Last edited:
Welcome to NSX Prime.

Congrats on the purchase of your Monaco Blue NSX. Make sure you check out the WIKI area for any insights on anything NSX related.:smile:

I think I know the car! Was it at a dealer? If so it had the factory and some aftermarket wheels right? I considered trading my auto for it (well selling the auto, buying it) as the price on it was greeeeeeeeat and it looked super clean.

Welcome and Congrats. Blue is very nice. Can't wait for the pics.

I think I know the car! Was it at a dealer? If so it had the factory and some aftermarket wheels right? I considered trading my auto for it (well selling the auto, buying it) as the price on it was greeeeeeeeat and it looked super clean.

Yep, that was it! It had the factory wheels and a set of black OZ's. You would not believe what I bought that car for...................and it is in immaculate condition. It even had a new ARK DT-X exhaust system installed.

I lived in Raleigh for a while and they have an active community there. You will also find they are a great group of guys. Congratulations on your purchase.:biggrin:

Congrats and welcome dgrayson!
That one was at Hendricks Chev, right? If that was the one, it looked sooooo nice. Great looking car with tasteful touches!! You're going to enjoy the snot out of it. :smile:

Yep, that was it! It had the factory wheels and a set of black OZ's. You would not believe what I bought that car for...................and it is in immaculate condition. It even had a new ARK DT-X exhaust system installed.

I'm in Madison (30 minutes north up 220 from Greensboro).
We have about 4-5 NSXs in the Triad.
We continue to try to get together...AND the Raleigh guy's are just down the road and VERY neighborly!!!

I'm curious about $s...email if you don't mind [email protected]...
Tom

welcome,i'm in chapel hill, there is a good group of owners around here.enjoy the car,it's more fun than i ever thought it would be.

Here's a picture of your car at Steve Gooding's house.

sept09105fn0.jpg

:biggrin:

Everyone, thanks for all the support and kind comments! I am definitlely thinking about heading to the Dragon, no doubt. I will be posting some new photos hopefully this weekend.

Here's a picture of your car at Steve Gooding's house.

sept09105fn0.jpg

:biggrin:

Wow, thanks! It looks nothing like that now...............in fact, I think it looks even better. I have attached a photo, as a 'teaser' that I took with my 'not so good' cell phone camera while in my garage. I'll break out the good camera this weekend.

Attachments

• 2001 NSX #152.jpg
    2001 NSX #152.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,104
attachment.php

Nice car, I love that color. Is that a rare color? I don’t think I have seen a blue NSX that is not the 02 style. I prefer the old school pop ups my self.

attachment.php

Nice car, I love that color. Is that a rare color? I don’t think I have seen a blue NSX that is not the 02 style. I prefer the old school pop ups my self.

Thank you. Monaco Blue Pearl, from what I understand, is a rare color. It was produced only in 2000 and 2001. I think there were only 44 units ever imported into the United States (36 in 2000 and 8 in 2001). 24 cars, over the 2-year production run, were Monaco Blue Pearl / Onyx. The 'pearl' paint is such that is has a distinct purple tint. Around dusk, this color just screams 'exotic'.

I should have some better photos up this weekend. :wink:

Thanks, thanks and more thanks to all of you! And, I have only just begun this project. I hope to meet many of you at the various events in NC and throughout the Southeast. :smile:

Nice rims! What are they?

:cool:

Thanks! The rims are one-piece TSW Nogaros. I did a 18 x 8 in the front, with a 19 x 10 in the rear. They are the Hypersilver finish with a machined lip. I also bought a set of Roja Formula 7 wheels with Gunmetal centers. (They require a 3mm spacer on the front, so I don't know if I will proceed with that fitment or not.)

Back