New NSX in Houston

Looky what I found in Austin this weekend!

nsx01.jpg

Ain't she great looking!

nsx03.jpg

This is me and my new toy!

nsx02.jpg

This is Sam Lee and me, sealing the deal.

Stock and perfect in every way.
CD Player
Camel interior
1240 miles on the odometer!

More pictures to follow when the weather will let me take them!

3 yrs old and 1240 miles :eek: :eek: CONGRATS!!!

btw, you just increased the mileage by 15% by driving it back to houston :D

"Houston, we got another one!"

hmmm... Grrr!?! Austin loses a NSX, a fine specimen I might add. The newer formula red looks divine w/ the camel interior & OEM 7spokers, a very classy look.

Oh well, our loss is your gain! Congratz! You're going to absolutely love the Houston area NSX'ers... a bunch of great guys, to say the leasts. :cool:

And of-course, don't forget the Hill Country! Only 2 1/2 hrs away ;)

welcome to houston, Sam!! you need to come out with my brother's EX nsx with you to meet us!! i am glad a nice houston owner got my bro's nsx!! looking forward meeting you soon! and btw take care that red beauty!! it is a rare found!!

Wow... awesome find! The poor car has been neglected for too long! Now put some miles on that beauty!!!

stormrider said:
welcome to houston, Sam!! you need to come out with my brother's EX nsx with you to meet us!! i am glad a nice houston owner got my bro's nsx!! looking forward meeting you soon! and btw take care that red beauty!! it is a rare found!!

Thanks for the invite! Can't wait to REALLY be part of the Houston group now.

Also, Sam said you have the same CD player that he had in this NSX. Can you tell me the cable I need, and if it is available locally?

:( Enjoy the car, Sam! Post some pictures of her at her new home when you have in chance.

Take care,

Sam

horizonracer said:
my wife and i congrat. you with the new nsx.. we r glad that you bought it .. will you come and hang out with us ? :eek:
pk

Thank you so much PK. Sure, I'll hang out with y'all. :D
When is the next Houston get together?

Sam,

Sorry, I'm a little late here, but congrats on the purchase! We met at the last NSX GTG at the park.

The NSX looks pristine! Several NSXer's got a chance to meet Sam Lee in Austin and said his NSX was incredible, so you have gotten an extremely nice piece of art.

See you at the next meet!
- Z

Congratulations SamBel !
I too am a new Nsx owner ! Just bought a 02 Red ext / black int today !

I hope to meet you and all the other Nsx owners at the next Houston meet !

Modernceo said:
Congratulations SamBel !
I too am a new Nsx owner ! Just bought a 02 Red ext / black int today !

I hope to meet you and all the other Nsx owners at the next Houston meet !

Thanks and a big congrats to you. Great color choice! :biggrin:

On which side of Houston are you located? I am in the NW side. Willowbrook area.

stormrider said:
great! you are just 15 mins away from me!! :biggrin:

SamBel, Id have to agree ! I originally wanted the electric blue color, but it turned out that the cards gave me Red and im not looking back ! Its a beautiful car/color.

Stormrider - Cool ! is your car really that color in your avatar, or is that photoshopped ?

Edit : link to pictures
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=376651#post376651

Last edited:
SamBel said:
Thanks and a big congrats to you. Great color choice! :biggrin:

On which side of Houston are you located? I am in the NW side. Willowbrook area.

Congrats Sam, Cant wait to meet you at the next GTG. You live right down the road from me then. I live at Perry & 1960. As well as another RED NSXer, fastrunner. PM me and we could hook up for some coffee some night. Im usually out and about looking for reasons to drive!!!

ModernCEO- Congrats on your new baby as well. You must bring her to the next GTG so we can have a 02+ in the family!

A little warning- Now that your butt is in the seat you will learn that this car comes with bugs. Modification bugs! You will say that you want to keep it stock- We'll see.... I doubt it. I think we all said that. Uhhh Nick, any comment??? :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

loNfastNSX said:
Congrats Sam, Cant wait to meet you at the next GTG. You live right down the road from me then. I live at Perry & 1960. As well as another RED NSXer, fastrunner. PM me and we could hook up for some coffee some night. Im usually out and about looking for reasons to drive!!!

You wouldn't happen to drive a Black NSX? I've seen one on FM 1960 twice in the last few months. Always going the other way.

A little warning- Now that your butt is in the seat you will learn that this car comes with bugs. Modification bugs! You will say that you want to keep it stock- We'll see.... I doubt it. I think we all said that....

Modifications??? ME???

Well, not one month old and I have upgraded the CD player (634 Alpine), installed the remote alarm, plus added the "fix" to make the lights blink when you hit the key fob. Also painted the calipers last weekend. :rolleyes:

That should be enough...for now...unless Santa wants to bring me some cool wheels! :biggrin:

SamBel said:
Well, not one month old and I have upgraded the CD player (634 Alpine), installed the remote alarm, plus added the "fix" to make the lights blink when you hit the key fob. Also painted the calipers last weekend. :rolleyes:

Youve only had it two weeks and youve got a lot done so far !

I havent heard of the fix for the lights to blink, ill have to search around for that..
Speaking of which for some reason I didnt get a remote for my car when I bought it, I have to get another oem remote.

What color did you paint the calipers ? I dont like the gold caliper coating on my 02 and have been thinking of painting them red..

No, mine is red with 17/18 iForged wheels. The name LoNfastNSX is because my car is slammed, with a 150 shot of the laughing gas!!! Hence the name, Lo N Fast! Ive seen the "black" one too, only its actually deep blue and it has HRE rims. Very nice car, but have never been able to catch the guy at a light or anything. Ill give you a call next time Im gonna just cruise the area!

ModernCEO-- WHAT!!! I love the bronze color on the new calipers. I was actually going to consider having mine powder coated thae color. The red does look great though IMHO. Im really looking forward to meeting you guys. Wow, the reds are sure starting to take over here!!!!

Stop Kidding Yourself

You will say that you want to keep it stock- We'll see.... I doubt it. I think we all said that.

I remember when mine had 8232 miloes on it, I planned on keeping it stock. Over 80k miles later.........well, read my profile. :smile:

Blinking lights/Caliper painting

Modernceo said:
I havent heard of the fix for the lights to blink, ill have to search around for that..
You can see it here. But, if you do it, the instructions say to look for Red/Yellow. On my 2001, there were two Red/Yellow wires. You need to attach to the thinner wire.

What color did you paint the calipers ? I dont like the gold caliper coating on my 02 and have been thinking of painting them red..
Red Calipers!

last-2.jpg

Also, if you want to see how I did it, I created a "how-to" with pictures and comments as I did the job.
It is a 400k PDF file, and you can see it here (unless the webmaster would like a copy for the Do-It-Yourself section).

Did I mention I also had an HID kit coming from Steve? :biggrin:

NSXLuvr said:
3 yrs old and 1240 miles :eek: :eek: CONGRATS!!!

btw, you just increased the mileage by 15% by driving it back to houston :D

WOW!! I was thinking that as well!! How do you have an NSX-T for that long an not drive it??? :eek:

Back