New NSX a "no show" at Tokyo auto show?

Hate to say it, but the automobile sector is following it's sportbike sector. Day late, buck short.... Actually, year TOO late and alot more money. I love their products but this is crap. It sucked bad enough when I was into sportbikes that honda would introduce new bikes, a year after everyone else would and miss out on the new rides boat everyone came in on, then also had less than spectacular specs (because specs do determine sales, even though we know specs doesn't always determine performance). Now with the nsx successor, they're YEARS late and god knows how many MORE thousands more dollars and how much less spectacular specs it'll have. Honda, this isn't looking good.

According to a NY Times article today, the new NSX prototype is a "no show" at the Tokyo Auto Show today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/automobiles/28TOKYO.html

Is this truly a bad sign or does Honda often wait until later in the show to reveal some models?

It was already a known fact before NY Times. Honda had the list of show cars on their own website weeks ago.

So what makes it a bad sign? If the car is not ready to be shown, it probably shouldn't be ready to be at a show.

I actually see this as a positive development. Originally, we were going to see a version of the ASCC that was closer to production at Tokyo. With the ASCC going bye bye, Honda is holding off their redesign until they get it right, or it's just taking longer than they thought to get it done.

I am hoping for something I can lust after. We'll see!:smile:

The only thing that gives me any comfort is that they seem to be working on the mechanics/chassis of a midengined car (re the S2000 mule at the 'ring).

Seems to me that theyre putting the priority first - design the important stuff first and then craft a shell to fit.

They are going to need every bit of time and R&D they can get ahold of, best of luck to them.

Can't agree with the Honda sport bike lineup comment anymore though, the 07 1000RR is a monster most people say needs more of the Honda tameness at this point. It was true up to this point.

I've got a 954RR and I think sport bikes have taken a wrong turn design wise ever since, but that's another story.

I thought Honda made a press statement that the new NSX would be unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Show in 2009, not this year's...

i heard the LF-A wasn't released also because it 'only' reached 206mph and they wanted 220+mph. i hope honda is watching!

So did anyone on Prime attend the Tokyo auto show? any news to report?

Nissan took a long time between the 300ZX and the 350Z, one can only hope that the nex "NSX" is not a mass produced affordable "sports" car.

maybe them not showing the car at the Tokyo auto show is a blessing in disguise. I would rather Honda take their time and make sure they get the car right. I read somewhere that Shigeru Uehara wasn't too happy with the way Honda was going with their next supercar, though he didn't come out and say it.

So did anyone on Prime attend the Tokyo auto show? any news to report?

I was at the show on Tuesday. I will post some of the cars as soon as I can.

Highlights:

Lexus LF-A ~~ Looked alot better in person.
Nissan GTR ~~ Huge crowds around it. Had a hard time getting to the
stage where it was sitting. Looked nice.
Toyota Supra Replacment? ~~ Looked nice.
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO ~~ Nice.
Honda Concept CR-X?? ~~ Looked nice. Wide grill on front with LED's & Brembo's

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a customer service number for Honda of America to give them feedback about their product, or lack of it?

Back