New, not an owner but doing homework

Someone is attempting to trade me an NSX for my car. However it is a 1991, with a ton of miles. However there are 9k in receipts for work done by Acura as well as the trans fix (5 speed snap ring). Clutch kit and install, CMC, lines Slave, OEM exhaust, ABS controller, 2 calipers, pads, etc ( a lot of basic items).

Now finding a motor seems to be a little hard, however I am reading mixed info about the C30A block VS the C32A Block. Mainly the block, are they swapable? The plan would be to build a forged 3.2 for boost, have the C30a heads checked and swapped over, and swap over everthing else with freshening up of coarse.

Sorry I don't know this animal, I know LS series swaps (not Honda GM). I currently own a LS6 powered Nissan making 470hp at the wheels.

yeah whats wrong with the current engine? probably nothing as these cars last forever.

when you say a ton of miles " WE as NSX owners are thinking a TON??? what 650,000 is a ton to us."

as some guys on here have NSX pushing 200-350K miles. so re-state how many miles

what-ever your car is that the NSX owner is tring to trade you DO IT!!!

its a no-brainer.

and the block is swapable, but since the 3.2L/NA2 engine are "throttle By Wire" you would need to keep the original throttleBody and intake manifold

Last edited:
234K miles. And I am a horsepower guy my last 3 builds were under 3000lbs and ranged 410-840hp. So my plan for the car is forced induction, but I would like to start building a bottom end and still be able to use the car as is for a little while. A think a GT35r would compliment the motor nice on stand alone. 500 Reliable horsepower, 400 ft lbs would be a nice toy with a nice set of Work or Volk rollers.

The reason I ask about the block is because they seem to be a dime a dozen. I figure I could get it prepped and ready then tear down the C30A, have the crank micro polished, and the rods refitted with bearings as spec'd, with a forged 3.2 piston at 10:1. Port the C30 heads and resue the top end with a new cams and valvetrain of coarse. I have homework to do.

This is my toy here.

56d72e76.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

Last edited:
Still doing research. Found pricing for pistons, billet main caps, ARP hardware, valvetrain, and some different cam choices. Building a stout bottom end seems reasonable reusing the crank and rods.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Now the trans as is could certainly be questionable. Now I don’t like working with transmissions. But I would like to have it gone over, syncros, bearings, shift forks and pads replaced if needed. Are there any reputable trans rebuilders who NSX Prime frequents. With mileage this high it would seem to be a good candidate to have gone over.<o:p></o:p>

you can also send the tranny to SOS and have them do the Japanese gears upgraded, I dont know how much shipping would be for a tranny but I think i would be worth it since SOS is experts at this kinda stuff.

heres the link to that page with the different gears and services they provide

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/gears_LSD.asp
good luck

with the build and post some pics DAMN IT of the car your thinking of getting thru trade

you can also send the tranny to SOS and have them do the Japanese gears upgraded, I dont know how much shipping would be for a tranny but I think i would be worth it since SOS is experts at this kinda stuff.

heres the link to that page with the different gears and services they provide

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/gears_LSD.asp
good luck

with the build and post some pics DAMN IT of the car your thinking of getting thru trade

Shawn, Chill out. You're gonna scare the new people away again...:cool:
j/k

I thought with FI, it's better to stick with the stock long gears?

Thanks for the info, yeah I and not looking to shorten the gears. Mainly just make sure she is in good working order. 224K can or cannot have bearing play, back lash wear out, and syncro wear.

Pics of the car tomorrow, then I make my decision. Estimating 5500-6500 on build plus, goodies, and tuning options. And 2K on trans.... And thank god Spec clutch sponsors me :)

So what do you think a -

1991 NSX, 224K miles, new factory clutch, flywheel, slave, master, 5 speed (no affected trans), is worth? I don't know if KBB or NADA prices are valid on this?

ssues are high miles
Dent on door, scraped mirror, scraped quarter, scratches here and there (maybe able to have most fixed with PDR/PSR)

ac0b1134.jpg

8c66ef0a.jpg

54abf055.jpg

ed4ab3e2.jpg

95f0274f.jpg

73eb2231.jpg

333bf56b.jpg

24cbff4f.jpg

Title is clear, no accidents, most miles added from 2002-2007. Going to trade, minus my volk wheels, and bride seats and few other items. I have a buddy with a body shop, he is going to do the PDR on the door dent, and work the scratches, and repaint the mirror.

Going to build it over the next three years.

Deal looks solid, hope to have her next week..... Saving up about 10k for the motor / trans work. Clutch, then boosting.

Plans
-SOS 9.5:1 90.5 forged pistons
-SOS billet main caps
-OEM crank
-OEM Rods
-OEM Cams
-SOS valves, springs, retainers, bases
-Lost motion kit
-Locking timing belt tensioner
-SOS timing belt
-OEM waterpump, oil pump, gaskets
-ARP man studs, Rod bods, Head studs