New Mitsubishi LanEVO 8 rusting already

Wow I thought Mitsubishi had left the poor quality issues with the 2g Elcipse:rolleyes:

Well, I'm a bit surprised. But then again, when asked if I'd take an STi or Evo, I naturally leaned toward the Subaru. Or maybe I was swayed away from the Mitsubishi. :rolleyes:

Pretty nasty...

attachment.php

passengersBodyPanel_sm.jpg

In that thread, I like the picture that shows the cars sitting in the lot with rust spots under them. Yikes!

:eek:

Ohh my! Great Mitsubishi quality, huh?

Yeah, typical DSM...nothing but the best.:eek:

I was under my NSX a few nights ago with a flashlight to tighten up the oil pan drain bolt (I know, my bad, left it hand-tight following an oil change last weekend and it began to leak) and couldn't believe how clean the whole underbody and suspension parts are. Looks like it just came home from the dealership. You can even see the ID paint marks on the boltheads. I luuuuv aluminum!

In contrast, the iron bolts on the exhaust heat shield look like hell. No way could I ever get those off without cutting the bolts. What an endorsement for the virtues of aluminum.

This is very depressing to here that the Evo 8's are rusting. I am disappointed because it took so long to get them here (USDM version) and now this. My sister’s boyfriend has been looking to get the STi or EVO 8 and I have been suggesting the EVO over the STi. Now I have to rethink this position. Hopefully the rust is located only on the bumper area but if owners find more rust areas I think this will definitely hurt sales, especially with the pic of rust at the "DEALER".

Back