New member wanting NSX in near future

Greetings all!

My name is George (Benton) LaFleur & I live in the North dallas suburb of Frisco, TX.

I don't have an NSX yet, but plan on getting one soon. I will be looking for an early car (or one priced similarly because I'm also saving up to pay for a wedding) w/ manual (auto MAY BE considered) in black (but ANY color will do) & I'm not picky about mileage. I can do a lot of my own work (mechanical mostly) to bring a car up to snuff if needed, so I'm not afraid of one that needs a little TLC.

My favorite color for the NSX is either the semi-metallic gun metal dark grey (whatever you want to call it). I would also prefer an unmolested car...not too many mods or at least ones that can be changed back to stock if it suits my tastes.

I have been as active as I can be in the local Ferrari group & exotic car scene in the Dallas area for many years and previously owned an 1981 308 GTSi. I currently drive a blk/blk 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe (I liken it to an NSX sedan the same as the 1995 Impala was basically a Corvette sedan...opinions may vary). This is my daily driver that I want to replace with an NSX as a daily driver.

I work as a oil & gas securities broker (www.douglasscottsecurities.com / www.hillcountryx.com) and have been in finance for over 10 years doing consumer, commercial, auto, & mortgage lending. I'm always happy to field questions in this arena.

I previously rented an NSX (red 1992 model w/ 118K on the odo & '97 rims) for a week when my 308 was in the body shop for some work. I FELL IN LOVE with the NSX!!! Now I must have one...

Oh yeah, I also worked (during my stint in the auto field) for McDavid Acura. I still have a fair collection of dealer literature & magazine articles in my collection. I also am currently looking for more diecast NSX models (any diecast collectors on here?)

Cheers,
BenNSX

Best of luck in your search. Don't be too picky about colors unless you are willing to wait a while- I 'settled' for Formula Red, and the car is still great. Actually found it in the 'for sale' section of Prime.

Advice you will probably hear from everyone on this forum is to make sure you get a car the most comprehensive maintenance documentation you can find. That's a good idea, sure, but it sounds like you are willing and able to do a lot of the work. I have no idea when the timing belt was last changed on mine. Previous owner said it was done a year ago, but without papers? I'm probably going to break out the tools.

Nick

Just to let you know, check out my ad in the NSXs for sale thread.
I have a great CTSC NSX setup that is ready to go.

Once it stops raining here, I will take some pictures and post them.

Nathan

Just to let you know, check out my ad in the NSXs for sale thread.
I have a great CTSC NSX setup that is ready to go.

Once it stops raining here, I will take some pictures and post them.

Nathan

Nathan, you should calculate the exact cost for all the extra performance goodies added to your NSX. I just checked the ad. By my estimate, your CTSC '91 has at least $20k worth of modification. The asking price is $35k complete, right? So in essence if George buys the car, he is getting a your stock NSX for $15K. That's really a good bargain.

My favorite color for the NSX is either the semi-metallic gun metal dark grey (whatever you want to call it).
BenNSX
George,
Welcom to Prime. The color you are referring to is Kaiser Silver (the darker silver NSX). The lighter silver is the Sebring Silver. The Kaiser Silver only comes in model years 97 to 99. According to the production number on the wiki page, there are 136 manual and 12 automatic Kaiser Silver NSXes in the U.S. (minus what was exported from the U.S.). Therefore, good luck on your search for a Kaiser Silver NSX.

Welcome! As you likely know, do a carfax, ask for maintenance records, and have a PPI done if you feel uncomfortable w/ the seller.

I am selling a 94 blk/blk manual 72xxx miles for a friend in so. cal. It's located in the for sale section on prime.

Good luck in your search!!

Jeff

Nathan, you should calculate the exact cost for all the extra performance goodies added to your NSX. I just checked the ad. By my estimate, your CTSC '91 has at least $20k worth of modification. The asking price is $35k complete, right? So in essence if George buys the car, he is getting a your stock NSX for $15K. That's really a good bargain.

Yep that is correct. I have it set at a no hassle price. I just need to sell it and move on quickly. So, I set the price right.

To the OP - welcome and good luck in your search.

My one contribution to this thread is that I do not recommend an automatic. There are many reasons for this but for me the most important is that the auto has less power. The NSX auto is all things considered a half ass attempt by Honda to offer an alternative to the 5 spd or 6 spd.

I think Nathan is at a good price given other prices right now. There is another supercharged 91' going for 34k right now with 25k in mods. You can only expect to get about half of your first cost back in a sale of your car. If it was a better economy or he didn't need to sell the car than he could get a little more for it. It is too bad I didn't see these before I bought my 335i or else I might have pulled the trigger.

Welcome and good luck on your search. I recommend that you find a car with all the documented maintenence history so you know what you are buying. Otherwise you will have to assume that nothing was done and spend a lot more money getting it up to date. Keep you eye on Ebay for diecast models.

I think Nathan is at a good price given other prices right now. There is another supercharged 91' going for 34k right now with 25k in mods. You can only expect to get about half of your first cost back in a sale of your car. If it was a better economy or he didn't need to sell the car than he could get a little more for it. It is too bad I didn't see these before I bought my 335i or else I might have pulled the trigger.

VegasSpeed, the BMW 335i twin turbo is one fantastic car. I think it's a better value than the V8 M3. Excellent choice.

George,
Welcom to Prime. The color you are referring to is Kaiser Silver (the darker silver NSX). The lighter silver is the Sebring Silver. The Kaiser Silver only comes in model years 97 to 99. According to the production number on the wiki page, there are 136 manual and 12 automatic Kaiser Silver NSXes in the U.S. (minus what was exported from the U.S.). Therefore, good luck on your search for a Kaiser Silver NSX.

Duh! I figured out is it "Silverstone" that I like so much; not an early color. No matter. A nice blk/blk '91-'93 will do fine (& plenty out there)...manual hopefully.

I currently drive a blk/blk 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe (I liken it to an NSX sedan the same as the 1995 Impala was basically a Corvette sedan...opinions may vary). This is my daily driver that I want to replace with an NSX as a daily driver.

I work as a oil & gas securities broker (www.douglasscottsecurities.com / www.hillcountryx.com) and have been in finance for over 10 years doing consumer, commercial, auto, & mortgage lending. I'm always happy to field questions in this arena.

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. As an owner and driver of an '03 NSX and a '98 Accord EX V6 I must say the driving experience is so completely different between the two, I couldn't consider the Accord a "sedan" version of the NSX. The NSX is so uniquely focused on being a wonderful sports car, I don't think there is a 4 door equivalent (in fact, in many eyes there aren't even any 2 door equivalents).

We also share a similar line of work (at least your past work). I work in the consumer credit risk management area for Bank of America. Good luck in finding your perfect NSX. It may take a while, but doing your homework and taking your time is the right way to go.

Welcome!

I just found my dream NSX as well! My suggestion is take your time, even if it means a few months of wait - it si worth it. You need to make sure you get the right one, because in your enthusiasm you may rush it - I know that I had to really hold myself back!

Good luck!

Greetings all!

My name is George (Benton) LaFleur & I live in the North dallas suburb of Frisco, TX.

I don't have an NSX yet, but plan on getting one soon. I will be looking for an early car (or one priced similarly because I'm also saving up to pay for a wedding) w/ manual (auto MAY BE considered) in black (but ANY color will do) & I'm not picky about mileage. I can do a lot of my own work (mechanical mostly) to bring a car up to snuff if needed, so I'm not afraid of one that needs a little TLC.

My favorite color for the NSX is either the semi-metallic gun metal dark grey (whatever you want to call it). I would also prefer an unmolested car...not too many mods or at least ones that can be changed back to stock if it suits my tastes.

I have been as active as I can be in the local Ferrari group & exotic car scene in the Dallas area for many years and previously owned an 1981 308 GTSi. I currently drive a blk/blk 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe (I liken it to an NSX sedan the same as the 1995 Impala was basically a Corvette sedan...opinions may vary). This is my daily driver that I want to replace with an NSX as a daily driver.

I previously rented an NSX (red 1992 model w/ 118K on the odo & '97 rims) for a week when my 308 was in the body shop for some work. I FELL IN LOVE with the NSX!!! Now I must have one...

Oh yeah, I also worked (during my stint in the auto field) for McDavid Acura. I still have a fair collection of dealer literature & magazine articles in my collection. I also am currently looking for more diecast NSX models (any diecast collectors on here?)

Cheers,
BenNSX
As to your last question here is an old post about collecting little nsx. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31807&highlight=scale+models+of

Back