New member w/ questions

Great forum all....I'm learning a lot hopefully leading up to a purchase. I have been working with a local dealer that has an 04' scheduled for delivery this month...I'm guessing it is one of the last 04's and is the exact color combo for me.

A few questions:

1) Should I wait for an 05'...keeping in mind that I will purchase under the existing lease deal, how does this impact the longer term value of the car...in other words, is it worth the risk to wait for an 05' and hope they offer the lease deal? I plan on purchasing the car at the end of the lease and I'm thinking it would be worth more $$$ in years 4 and 5 if it was one model year newer....does that make sense? Or if you look at this from a 10-yr ownership perspective, should I just get what I can get and not worry about the 05'.

2) Considering this vehicle will come in the door and be immediately sold versus sitting at the dealer for months, what is a reasonable sales price under the lease deal?

3) Any 6'3" guys out there? I went to a different dealer that has a used one on the lot and sat in it. Other than some tight head room....it seemed fine. I would be curious to get impressions from the tall guys about comfort/longer drives.

Last edited:
KCDude, Though I considered and studied leases, all I learned it's a tough call with no single answer that will eventually come down to your situation and preferences; you may just have alot of reading ahead of you. :( But, at 6'1, though my hair touches the inside roof, the real comfort is in the seat positions. I'd recommend REALLY playing with the seat and wheel positions in your first week - don't just try your first comfortable setting. Plus, ask a chiropractor about the right way for a tall guy to sit down in a sports car (sit in the seat then rotate your legs 90 degrees into the car). And, if you plan to track it - the helmet is going to really make a difference; the previous owner of my car sold it because at 6'1", with a helmet, he wasn't comfortable on the track.

KCDude said:
Any 6'3" guys out there?
Yes, there's a few, including myself. Proportion certainly can be a factor. Myself, I have somewhat long legs. As the car sits stock it is extremely comfortable for long drives to me. For tracking (helmet), I needed to remove the OEM cushion and use the Dali pad to get enough headroom. I recently added a harness bar, and even though it reduces the leg room by only a few inches, the clearance for me is getting critcal. The few inches removed from leg room extension dramatically changes the angle of my foot:leg, making toe-heel a much more difficult task. A few weeks practice will determine whether I can live with the harness bar or not.

Back