New Member: seeking mid-atlantic owners

Hi Guys -

I am a fellow admirer of the NSX. I am looking seriously at the 3.2L NSX.

Are there any members in the MD/DC/VA area that are blown that would be willing to meet up and talk shop? I'd love to see what you've got done; and hopefully, you might be interested in seeing a blown bimmer (I have an AA Turbo M3). Do you guys have meets? Just interested in learning more about your thoughts, etc. I would especially love to talk to guys that auto-x and track their cars regularly. I'm trying to get a feel of maintenance costs, heatsoak with the whipple pd, etc... I plan on doing around 6-10 DE events a year with the NSX, auto-x, and some FATT events.

I like the M3 ... don't get me wrong. I own two of them (but dislike the heavy pig E46 M3) ... but, I'm getting a little tired of it. I'm not looking at the NSX for straightline speed, etc. I like it because it's exotic: plain and simple. My turbo M3 is putting down 322 rwhp at 6.5 lbs of boost and 420+ at 13 lbs of boost. I drive normally at 6.5 lbs of boost and no problems with over 15K miles on the kit. Yearly compression/leak tests are all good. I'm looking for that reliability with the NSX.

I'm also wondering if the 3.2L is going to make that much of a power difference from the 3.0L. I've browsed through your FAQ section and did some searches, it seems earlier models had some quirks to them; but, in all honesty, what car doesn't?

Hope to see some of you at track events. I'm heading up to NASA's HPDE' in June and I will try to hit Beaverun in July. I have a huge list of DE/FATT/auto-x events in this area if anyone needs links.

Thanks,

James

Back