New Member Saying "Hello"

I've been lurking on this forum but have decided to join and post. I currently drive an S2000 and an e30 BMW and I've officially started my search for a nice NSX. Hoping to learn more and more about the car on this site in the mean time.

If anyone is selling a black 2001 with low miles, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm on the east coast but am willing to travel for the right car. Cheers.

Just curious as to why you would want specifically a 2001? Most model years are very similar. They break roughly into thirds - '91-'96, '97-'01, '02-'05. '95-96 are a bit of a subset since they introduced the Targa in '95.

Just curious as to why you would want specifically a 2001? Most model years are very similar. They break roughly into thirds - '91-'96, '97-'01, '02-'05. '95-96 are a bit of a subset since they introduced the Targa in '95.

Funny, I thought the same thing. Unless you despise the 02+ updates and want the most recent car w/o those updates.

The 95-96 subset is generally considered the least desirable as they were the "slowest" NSXs--heavier by virtue of having the T-top and before the 3.2L engine/6-sp. tranny upgrade.

I too would like to know how you came to decide on a 2001 being the best year for you.

The 95-96 subset is generally considered the least desirable as they were the "slowest" NSXs--heavier by virtue of having the T-top and before the 3.2L engine/6-sp. tranny upgrade.

How much slower?? There is other changed, something about wire-by-throttle and its suppose to improve turn faster or take off faster on corner??.
:confused:

How much slower?? There is other changed, something about wire-by-throttle and its suppose to improve turn faster or take off faster on corner??.
:confused:
Throttle by wire just means that the gas pedal doesn't physically connect to the throttle body. It is controled by electronics with a sensor on the pedal. I don't see how it would help in those situations but the rpm's don't drop as quickly between shifts on a throttle by wire car.

Thanks guys. You're right, I prefer the 2001 because it's the last model year with the pop-up headlights. My personal opinion is that the car was designed with them in mind and it just looks better in my eyes. I guess I should expand my search all the way back to the 1997 model year. Obviously, I want the lowest mileage and the best shape (int, ext) possible.

I've considered other cars including the Jaguar E-type, Mercedes 300sl (pagoda top), and the Testarossa. After a lot of thinking, I realized that the NSX is the only car from my list that I "could" drive every day. Also, since I recently moved into the city, I really don't want to deal with having a beater.

IMO, you will definitely want to expand your search to include the additional model years. If and when you start cutting out certain colors, certain maintenence, conditions, certain mileages, certain locations, etc. you will find that there are a very few number of cars total that would meet your criteria and you may have to wait a very long time for one to come up for sale.

I agree with Go Bears on the issue of the pop-up headlights!!..though I own a 91..and sorry about your bears...lol...my Colts are willing to let you win it all this year - I just don't know if the Ravens or the Pats will be so generous...lol.

Dam:cool: Good luck in your search...

I agree with Go Bears on the issue of the pop-up headlights!!..though I own a 91..and sorry about your bears...lol...my Colts are willing to let you win it all this year - I just don't know if the Ravens or the Pats will be so generous...lol.

Dam:cool: Good luck in your search...

Haha. I'm actually a Cal Bear, as in, University of California at Berkeley. I haven't followed pro football but I'm sure being a Cal Bear fan is just as difficult as being a Chicago Bear fan :biggrin: . Cheers!

I was wondering how long it would take you to jump on NSX Prime, now your hooked. Welcome aboard, we need more East Coast NSX's!:biggrin:

Welcome:smile: Good luck on your search. I recommend that you put maintenence history on top of your list when considering a purchase.

Back