New member.....please be gentle

Hi guys & gals,
I am brand new to this forum. It comes highly recommended.
I am ready for a new(ish) toy! Unlike some, when I purchase a car I know (based on years of history) that I will sell it in a few years. With that in mind I really like the idea of an early model, stock NSX with low miles. I might be mistaken, but I feel they are one of the very few cars from the early '90s that will either depreciate slightly or possibly even appreciate. I love the looks, performance, reliability and serviceability of the NSX!
My kids aren't loving the idea of selling my Cobra, but they like the replacement choices; Early ('91-'93) NSX, early Viper or '02 M3. I'm not looking for the "thumbs up" on the last two from this forum. I have been a member of enough forums to know they are all biased to some extent. What would be nice are some honest opinions, information and leads on early NSX's.
Thanks in advance!

Almost everything you want to know about this car is on this site. You just have to search for it.

Here are a few places I would start.

Look at the Wiki (formally the FAQ):
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Special:Allpages

Here are a few I would pay special attention to "Purchase Process", "Used NSX Checklist", "Changes by Year", "Pricing", etc.

You can also look at the old FAQ (not all the pages have yet to be migrate to the new Wiki system.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/faq.htm

If you find a car that you are interested in, post it here. There is a high chance that someone here knows more information about that car.

Good Luck

Unlike some, when I purchase a car I know (based on years of history) that I will sell it in a few years.
My kids aren't loving the idea of selling my Cobra, but they like the replacement choices; Early ('91-'93) NSX, early Viper or '02 M3.

Tell you what, I know you said you weren't looking for a "thumbs up or down" on your other choices but I feel inclined to chime in only because I was looking at the EXACT same cars as you and I'd like to extend my 2 cents.
My 2 best friends both own M3's. Great daily drivers but not the "special" car I was looking for. And as far as the early Viper goes, the service costs stink, and I didn't want to be rolling around in an $80,000 car that had plastic windows like a jeep.

Thanks for the info sources! That will keep me busy for a while.
Other than this site and the tradition online services are there any other places I should check for cars for sale or info?
Great points about the other cars, that's why they are 2nd and 3rd on the list.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the info sources! That will keep me busy for a while.
Other than this site and the tradition online services are there any other places I should check for cars for sale or info?
Great points about the other cars, that's why they are 2nd and 3rd on the list.
Thanks again.

Let us know what city you live in. Local owners usually know when an NSX is available.

Sorry about that. I am in Greenville, SC. I am willing to travel a couple hundred miles or so for the correct car.

Yesterday I looked at a nice '91, but I am not sure it will be around after I sell my Cobra.....hopefully in a month or less.

Thanks,

The last tme I checked the price of a Viper hood was in the $7,500 range. And ya'll thought NSX parts were high. Just remember in the very end, it's a Dodge.

Unlike some, when I purchase a car I know (based on years of history) that I will sell it in a few years.

Am I interpreting this correctly? You are going to go through the efforts of trying to find a nice NSX, only to sell it in a few years.

Am I interpreting this correctly? You are going to go through the efforts of trying to find a nice NSX, only to sell it in a few years.

Yes grasshopper. I enjoy the search as much as the car. As a result I have owned and enjoyed (in no specific order) Lexus GS400, BMW 540I, BMW E36 M3, C5 Corvette, Pontiac GTO, Mustang GT, Cobra replica, G35 Coupe as well as some others.
Let me answer your next question. Yes I am a junkie.
Let me answer the question after that. By the time I purchase the car I want I know what a good example is, as well as a good price. I have also been fortunate enough to sell them with little or no financial loss. Some people flip houses......

where my flame thrower
Flamethrower_emoticon.gif
another noobie.:biggrin: j/k

I would stick with the nsx since its nsx forum. The viper has caused many people a serious case of clusterphobia. I always wanted to get a late gen viper. The earlier models are nice but outdated. Never was a big fan of the M3 but they are comfy and quick also.

2 of the 3 cars you have selected above will be good choices but there is only one right option and im sure you know what that is.

welcomespin.gif

see you soon as an owner.:wink:

btw we just tuned an 1967 (i think) Cobra Replica with a 427 in it running direct port fuel injection and stand alone ECU. Pretty wicked car! Thats one Amercian car i would not hesistate to purchase.

Yes grasshopper. I enjoy the search as much as the car. As a result I have owned and enjoyed (in no specific order) Lexus GS400, BMW 540I, BMW E36 M3, C5 Corvette, Pontiac GTO, Mustang GT, Cobra replica, G35 Coupe as well as some others.
Let me answer your next question. Yes I am a junkie.
Let me answer the question after that. By the time I purchase the car I want I know what a good example is, as well as a good price. I have also been fortunate enough to sell them with little or no financial loss. Some people flip houses......

I admire your hobby of car flipping.:smile:

I fully appreciate your addiction. My insurance policy numbers the cars and I'm on #43 in 20 years. Hey 44 is my favorite number! Time to find another toy!

Alllright, another flipper! I am 47 and I would be embarrassed to figure out how many vehicles I have been through in the last 20 years. Between my wife, my two oldest sons and me I would say it has to be at least 20 in the last 3 years. The saving grace, or addiction catalyst depending on how you look at it, is that in South Carolina the sales tax maximum on any vehicle transaction capped at $300.
Back to my future NSX. I hope to get me Cobra sorted out and ready for sale by the end of next week. Between now and then I will be doing my homework. If anyone is interested here is a link to some pictures of my Cobra as of a couple years ago. Not much has changed with it since then.
http://www.ffrcobra.com/index.php?user=C5_M3_FFR_Cobra

I forgot to mention that this is my second NSX. My first NSX is one of 2 cars that I regret having sold. This one will never get sold.......we'll just expand the garage! If you get up to Charlotte look me up.

I forgot to mention that this is my second NSX. My first NSX is one of 2 cars that I regret having sold. This one will never get sold.......we'll just expand the garage! If you get up to Charlotte look me up.

Sure you don't want to sell your NSX. It would be cheaper than adding a garage:biggrin:
Thanks for the invite to Charlotte. I do head that way every now and then.

Made that mistake once! I would suggest that if you can find one with an upgraded power and brakes you'll like it even more.

Back