New member, new owner, refurb'd climate control!

mok

hey everybody!
been reading here for couple months but just regstrd, & just got '95 NSX 2 wks ago. & today got refurb'd climate control board from BrianK- in person! he installed in about 20 mins. fixed all AC issues including continuous condenser fan run. thanks much to BrianK and nsxprime for great guidance on that & more.

gotta say this is helluva nice group of people. generally avoid bulletins/forums/etc as talk so often turns nasty, & IMHO, nasty is - nasty. but have yet to witness any but polite disagreement here. was reading about tire choices today & really enjoyed all perspectives & mutual respect they got. pat yourselves on the backs.

about the car- Grn/Blk, 5spd, 40k, bone stock save for K&N in orig box, clutch@32k, dealer maintained, FL car, orig owner, pampered/grgd, Mobil1, orig sticker & thorough records, keyless, bib & cover, orig dealer 'Total Luxury Care' box, very clean in/out, found on autotrader, $35k.

as per tbromley & some, i put a premium on low miles, few owners, lots of records. figure could have had others for $ks less but paid some premium & bought w confidence. & while i lean toward stock, am thinking about a more musical exhaust & maybe new wheels.:cool:

where are pix? sorry, have to wait until after wash&wax. flew to FL, drove it home to WI (goin' north at GA border the AC went south), without any speeding tix, but haven't given it a good clean yet & don't want to make bad 1st impression.

hope i can contribute to discussions, & am plotting to make vegas this october. wish me luck!

Wow what a drive..and no ac....but those are bonding experiences with your new to you car.You had the right man doing the refurb.Best of luck with the car..brooklands is a subtle color best kept well waxed.

Congrats! Sounds like you got a beauty that was well kept. Its a GREAT automobile, and you will no doubt love every mile. Cheers, Jay

Welcome aboard, nice story so we won't bash you for being pictureless and yes briank is the man, had him do mine with in 3weeks of ownership. You are now part of a special elite of car lovers, welcome and enjoy.

Welcome, welcome, you will never find a nicer forum, they treat me nice even without an NSX... I want to buy one, there are just NONE around..

Sam

Welcome to NSXPRIME.

no A/C I have been there,
got the car with no a/c drove
around for a few weeks intill i
got sick of it and filled the A/C
up and WOW i have A/C and boy
does it get cold.

you will learn Alot and you will love your car more.

how many times did you walk outside
to look at it when you first got it home?

tell the truth.....

how many times did you walk outside
to look at it when you first got it home?

tell the truth.....[/QUOTE]

went outside just a handful of times, walked around & looked at all angles, honestly. ok but i'd parked in drive where i could see it from office, kitchen, and living room windows, and probably spent 30 mins looking between getting home at 6 and falling asleep around 10pm. in garage now, so i have to go down there to gaze.
just fixed aspirator fan that started clicking after center console went back in. glad i'd first had chance to witness briank wielding 0.015 feeler and business card to get out the vent unit!

better go take another look, the green is cool under the fluorescent garage lights!:smile:

Welcome aboard - you're gonna love this experience and I know you've started to do that already. Nothing like having the drive home in your new car and bonding with it - it's a great time - be safe and have fun! We're just one big happy family here!

here are coupl'o (tiny) pix
after wash/wax could see lots of little stains in finish so figure a polish is due next. used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Premium Paste Wax. wasn't overwhelmed by depth in color. am hoping post-polish to see more of that. anyway it's way more fun than painting my house trim.:wink:
also got rear bridgestone potenza re010 & alignment using less aggressive/longer tire life settings (found on nsxprime, thx again). but then had slight pull to right. fronts were not bad but right worse than left, so am now getting fronts and expect pull to disappear.
had great time watching siblings and bros-in-law jaws drop :eek: when arrived at labor day family gather. they could not believe car was 15yrs old. gotta thank original owner for that.

Attachments

• frontrt_lowres.jpg
    frontrt_lowres.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 46
  • profille1_lowres.jpg
    profille1_lowres.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 61
  • profille2_lowres.jpg
    profille2_lowres.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 49
Congrats, your part of a great group here. I have only had mine a month and loving it. Tim's input help me also. Like I said a great group here.
Les

Welcome aboard! I've had my '03 for two weeks now. I am still very much getting to know the car and loving every minute. You will find NSX Prime to be very helpful as I have. They were a positive influence on my decision to purchase. Good luck to you.

Back