New Member Looking For New Purchase

Hi Everyone Im New On This Board And Have Been A Nsx Admirer For Awhile. I Am Ready To Purchase A Nsx. I Need Your Opinion Anyone. I Have Got Ahold Of A 1992 Berlinda Black Nsx With 35k Miles. The Car Is In Great Shape W/ The Usual Over The Year Wear And Tear. It Is Also An Automatic 4 Spd Transmission . Paint Is Nicely Kept. The Owner Wants $25k For It. I Am Hesitent About It, The Only Fault That I Didnt Like Was The Auto. So My Question Is ..is It Still Worth It Where I Wont Take A Loss If I Purchase It At This Price? Thanks In Advance.

Some people really need an auto for various reasons. Are you one of them? if not I think you are losing half the fun and speed of this car with an auto. I don't need one and I wouldn't buy one if it was $10K less than a 6 speed.

What's With The Caps? Kidding...

If you want an automatic then get one. But like Turbo2Go mentioned you'd be losing the "fun" factor while shifting the transmission of the NSX. Don't purchase the car for the simple fact of a good price...you need to be sound with your decision and for me it wouldn't be an automatic just to have an NSX.

It doesn't sound like your too keen on the automatic so keep looking. I paid just over what you are willing to pay and I got myself a beauty queen and more mileage. I'm still very satisfied.

Patience is a virtue....

Jetpilot

No worries and glad to help. Seriously more and more NSX's are starting to pop up now for sale so I'm sure you'll find the right one.

Jetpilot

nice choice, i couldn't imagine everyday wakin up to a car i bought specially the nsx and regretting i bought it in automatic =/
i'd commit suicide
thats just me tho =D

supper cheap.....you will never sell it for less.

V3ANDY: I am on my 3rd NSX, 2nd one with an automatic. IF you can live with an automatic, then a 1992 with only 35k miles for 25k is fair, if its all stock and nothing missing or wrong with it. Ideally it'd also have the timing belt and water pump already changed.

Note that the 91-94 automatic can only be manually shifted with the console shifter, not much fun. But the 95-05 can be manually shifted with a paddle behind the steering wheel. Having owned both types, I much prefer the later type.

Good luck with your NSX hunt.

Gary

I’m an automatic owner, and I know that they are not as desirable as the manuals, but in the 11 months that I have owned my car, I have learned that autos are still very much in demand. There are people out there that for various reasons that want an auto, not just the older crowd either. The guy I bough my auto from (who is in his late 20’s) wants to buy her back. At one of the periodic 626 (San Gabriel Valley) meets a couple came up to another auto owner and wanted to buy the car from him.

Obviously, based on the many threads on this matter, there are not as many perspective buyers looking for an auto. However, although I have no data to support this, I wonder if the demand for autos is just as great as the demand for manuals due to their scarceness. By the way when searching for my car I preferred a manual, but I could not pass on the auto that I bought because it was located close to me, was within my budget, was in very good condition, had several comfort/luxury modifications (navigation, auto start, keyless remote) that I wanted, and all major service work had recently been completed. Now to be honest, at times I feel that I should have waited for the right manual to become available, particularly when I was on this year’s Tax Relief Drive and one of the Mt Palomar runs (I had a hard time keeping up with the manuals). However, I live in Los Angeles, and there have been many a time that I appreciated the auto when stuck in traffic or really tired after a tough day at work. Since I have a 95 auto, I can enjoy a partial manual feel in the “Sport Shift” mode. But, as others have said and I agree, it is not exactly the same. In addition, the 252 HP engine is naturally not as powerful as the manuals, particularly the NA2’s. But, for now the car is fast enough for me and can still easily get you a speeding ticket, which I got only after a couple of months of ownership.

Good Luck,

Mario

My wife just bought me an automatic on Wednesday, so I too am a newbie. She cannot drive a manual and told me she would not learn. There aren't very many automatics, so they can be quite expensive compared to a manual. I am going to commute in mine here in Silicon Valley, so driving a manual can be the pits.

There are approximately 370 NSX's for sale this week -- up from about 250 in June when the housing market started to fall. You might be able to wait and get a better buy. I jumped on mine, because it was the right color combination. :-)

http://autos.msn.com/classifieds/li...r=&make=&model=&type=both&LNX=MSNATUSEDRESRCH

http://www.vast.com/cars/used-Acura.NSX

http://www.autoextra.com/search/vehicle

I think your NSX is like Harry Potter's wand -- the NSX sort of seems to find the owner.

cheers,
Martin

I've driven both also, and find the auto is suited for the "cruiser" at hand. I felt because my hands were always on the wheel while flooring it, I can feel the road better and senses are lifted from focus on the road, and not the gear shifting. Ofcourse you won't be hearing the rev's etc, but there are still many excited feelings with an auto. If this is not what you want, waiting it out is always a better choice, as I do believe something else always pops up. Good price for the yr tho.

My wife just bought me an automatic on Wednesday, so I too am a newbie. She cannot drive a manual and told me she would not learn. There aren't very many automatics, so they can be quite expensive compared to a manual. I am going to commute in mine here in Silicon Valley, so driving a manual can be the pits.

There are approximately 370 NSX's for sale this week -- up from about 250 in June when the housing market started to fall. You might be able to wait and get a better buy. I jumped on mine, because it was the right color combination. :-)

http://autos.msn.com/classifieds/li...r=&make=&model=&type=both&LNX=MSNATUSEDRESRCH

http://www.vast.com/cars/used-Acura.NSX

http://www.autoextra.com/search/vehicle

I think your NSX is like Harry Potter's wand -- the NSX sort of seems to find the owner.

cheers,
Martin

your wife bought you one? You have a nice wife

Back