New Member: Izzy

Hey everyone! My name's Izzy and I'm a new member to NSXPrime. I'm not the owner of an NSX, but my dad is and he told me that he's eventually going to be letting me drive the NSX once in a while. (from my conclusion, that means he'll let me drive it once in a while, which will lead to giving me the car! :biggrin:)

Well, to start off, we own a 1991 Acura NSX in what I believe is Berlina Black. My dad bought the car about 7 years ago. So here's the story:

My dad has owned a couple of corvettes, but never was too thrilled with them. So he went to Hoehn to test drive some Porsches.:eek: He loved the 911's but it was way out of his price range. When him and one of the "vultures" came back from a test drive, my dad spotted a dirty Black Acura NSX with 65k miles sitting among a bunch of other Acuras in the service area. Apparently, it was just left sitting there for some time because, according to what my dad was told, the great Mr. Hoehn bought a newer NSX. So my dad curiously asked if it was for sale. The guy said yes. Sure enough, my dad test drives it, and loves it! So he asked how much they were asking. 30k. My dad ask them, "Will you take 25 for it?" SOLD!

n511033225_14331_6706.jpg

n511033225_14332_7002.jpg

n511033225_14317_344.jpg

SO, long story but in conclusion, we both love the car. The past few years have been kinda rough on it though, such as my dad and I rear-ending a supra (NOT totaled though!), repairing that, then just leaving it undriven in the driveway. Recently, my dad has told me to start fixing up the car, so I have for the past month. Brought the car back to life after being dead for 3 years. The car needs a bit of restoration now, and some potential mods. After my dad saw how much I've put into the car, he finally decided that he would let me drive it. :biggrin: Now, I'm working on the headlights because the motors are acting up and after that, I'll be working on the sound system.

Well, that's a lot to read, but I just want to say thanks for the great threads!!! (I've been reading TONS of threads for the past few months and have learned a lot!) Hopefully I can learn some more and eventually go on a cruise once I start driving the NSX! :smile:

Interesting story. If he bought that car 7 years ago for $25k he got a great deal. How many miles are on the car now? If it sat outside for the past 3 years there will be a fair amount of work to do to get it really roadworthy again. Good luck!! I hope you have it back on the road very soon.

Interesting story. If he bought that car 7 years ago for $25k he got a great deal.

Ditto. Good story, good luck restoring her, the wealth of information here is immeasureable so I am sure if you ask you will receive...but remember to search first:smile:

Welcome to the Forum. What a deal he got 7 yrs ago. Enjoy restoring it.
BTW: I'm one of those guys that can't quite afford the Ferrari ownership and settled for an NSX! Does that make me a bad person? LOL.

Welcome and he got one heck of a deal 7 years ago!!! I'm jealous, I paid way more than that about a year and a half ago!!:eek:

Agree! I have been watching auto trader weekly for about 2 years and have not seen what I consider "really nice" examples sell for under 30k.
There is the rare deal now and then, but its not the norm.
With the low price usually comes the story (@ no additional cost):smile:

welcome and good luck...my son will own my nsx one day too!
BTW...I can afford a f car...test drove them...and passed....NSX is the bomb...period!

Whoa, it's been a while since I've checked back here. But for those guys asking about the mileage, it had around 70k miles on it when we my dad bought it.

Well, here's an update:

Painted the peeling/cracking center console, fixed the climate contol, and yesterday, I just bought some used OEM '91 Tires+wheels for a steal because the ones on right now are cracking. (Thanks Joe!)

Welcome, I must have missed this thread. I see you aren't very far from me. Maybe join up on the palomar mtn run on July 22nd if you can.

Also, check your records on the timing belt, it might be over due.

Back