New member in the FI club

Just picked up my 02 from Comptech yesterday. Had them install the standard 6PSI kit with the new blower unit. I didn't get a chance to get on it too much or for very long because I was driving home in afternoon traffic but for the short spurts I was able to make I really felt a lot more power. When it dries up outside I'll get back with impressions of WOT through at least the first three gears to redline.

The dyno sheets showed an increase from a before (Uni filter and Taitec GTLW) of 260-something to an after of 346. The A/F was leaner in the mid-range RPMs (as much as 12.4:1) and got fatter up top as the RPMs increased (as low as 11.8:1).

They had an issue with one of the mating surfaces of one of the cast pieces which created an air leak as well as with the boost switch. They told me that since they've been selling the kits, they've never had a boost switch fail, but this was their second in a month. I also got to see the new bypass pipe under the manifold.

Overall, I'm happy with the installation and am glad I brought it to them because they were able to grab spare parts from their shelves to enable them to continue with the installation rather than wait for a day or two which is what probably any other shop would have to do.

BTW, like others have said as well, the blower makes a crazy whine when on-boost, different from any I've heard before though admittedly, I can't say that I've heard more than just a couple supercharged NSXs. At idle you'd never know it's there just by listening.

J

02#154 said:
The dyno sheets showed an increase from a before (Uni filter and Taitec GTLW) of 260-something to an after of 346. The A/F was leaner in the mid-range RPMs (as much as 12.4:1) and got fatter up top as the RPMs increased (as low as 11.8:1).

J

Interesting. My 2000 with comptech headers/airbox, CC AIC and my NLA ANYTIME exhaust, they dyno'ed it a 359RWHP. Then Pineapple (AKA Mikey) at FactorX added an ApexI controller to flatten my AFR's and it gained 20FPT and 20RWHP.

20RWHP/20LBFT of torque from the Apexi AFR controller....that sounds very impressive. How much did that set you back, if you don't mind my asking??
Congrats.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
20RWHP/20LBFT of torque from the Apexi AFR controller....that sounds very impressive. How much did that set you back, if you don't mind my asking??
Congrats.

At the time, I seem to remember it being around $275, plus the dyno time and Pineapples lawyer rates :biggrin:

The main goal was for it to be safe, since I only had a couple thousand miles on my car. I certainly like the added benefit of the torque and HP.

welcome to the FI club! Im rather new myself; as Ive only had the CTSC for 5 months but I love it. Have fun and remember; Mustangs arent the only car worth drag racing :biggrin:

I'm always impressed with the numbers you guys get from the engine at such relatively low boost levels. If you don’t mind me asking NetViper, what size injectors are you running and do you know what duty cycle your at with those power levels?

Very nice car and I hope you enjoy it...it's already fun driving the nsx...I can only imagine that its 10 times more fun to drive it now since it has alot of horsepower now!!!

Back