• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New member here & soon 1st Finish nsx owner

Hi all,

I glad to be here at the moment when Im going to buy soon to my self honda nsx.
In Finland we don't have any nsx yet.
NSX list price in Finland (NEW) was before Honda stopped the pruction 197000€ / 251000 usd :mad: .

I have at the moment Honda Civic 1.6vtec -2003 & 1.8sport -2006 & Comptech sc S2000 -2001.
I have had 8th diffrent hondas & my family 18:n diffrent, mostly Civic's, one was Civic TypeR -2003.
Also some Accord & Honda colwing's like 1100cc , 1200cc & 1500cc.
I like reability, and overall Honda car's.

Friendly yours:
Pegi from Finland

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm not sure how it is in Europe, but in the United States, '93+ NSXs have passenger airbags. Also, the center console storage compartment lid in the pictures you posted is one piece (indicative of a '91 or '92). Therefore, that car looks like a '91 or '92 to me.

Some '91 and '92 cars might be in the snap-ring range:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

The exterior and interior of the car you're interested in looks very clean, except for the engine compartment.

Offtopic: Were you swayed by Conan O'Brien's campaign ads for Tarja Halonen? :biggrin:

From the paperwork it looks like a 92 sold in August of 93.
What are the two black things in front of the headlights?
My 2000 doesn't have these.

Welcome to the forum and you can do alot of research regarding the problems in the FAQ.

Gene I suspect the "black things" are headlight washer fluid outlets.
Cannot tell model year from VIN (Fahrzeug- Ident- Nr).

alum04org said:
Gene I suspect the "black things" are headlight washer fluid outlets.
Cannot tell model year from VIN (Fahrzeug- Ident- Nr).

Yep. I'm pretty sure those things spray the headlights clean. I've seen them on European S2000s as well.

gene said:

They are headlight washer jets.:smile:
I can't understand for the life of me why a dealership would detail the inside and outside of the car and yet allow the engine compartment to look like that.:frown:
Is it just me or does the seatbelt look green in the pics?:confused:

Psychobiology said:
Welcome! I'm not sure how it is in Europe, but in the United States, '93+ NSXs have passenger airbags... Therefore, that car looks like a '91 or '92 to me.

Some '91 and '92 cars might be in the snap-ring range:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

The exterior and interior of the car you're interested in looks very clean, except for the engine compartment.

Offtopic: Were you swayed by Conan O'Brien's campaign ads for Tarja Halonen? :biggrin:

Yep,
- I ask today from my Finish Honda dealer what year car it is, he say it is -92 and registered 6/93.

- About snap-ring problem I have to chech it it the car is in that range.
- Pictures seems to be good, but engine compartment is awful :eek: .
The car have serrvice book and it should be only 16900km driven/ 10562 miles.
So that's make me wondering if it could be truth so f****g dirty engine :rolleyes: ???

At least your questions about T. Halonen:
No, I haven't seen it (Maybe only Finish who have not seen it) :biggrin:

gene said:

Yes, as some one says, the black thing is washer to the lights's.
I take it off, when Im going to "tune" my car :smile:

Ahh at least,

Thank you for every one's help and happy to be here...Soon with my "new" used NSX owner :wink: .

I have plan what to do to my NSX.

First: Coilover kit & wheels & tires
2nd: Exhaust & exhaust manifold + I wondering supercharger
3rd: Some nice aerokit & carbon hood & carbon part's & new head light's
4th: Paint it to GP white
5th. ?? Don't know yet :biggrin:

I think that the way it is :smile: !

C u on the forum :smile:

-Pegi-

roenick said:
Ahh at least,

Thank you for every one's help and happy to be here...Soon with my "new" used NSX owner :wink: .

I have plan what to do to my NSX.

First: Coilover kit & wheels & tires
2nd: Exhaust & exhaust manifold + I wondering supercharger
3rd: Some nice aerokit & carbon hood & carbon part's & new head light's
4th: Paint it to GP white
5th. ?? Don't know yet :biggrin:

I think that the way it is :smile: !

C u on the forum :smile:

-Pegi-

Please buy another car as the one you've seen! :) This one is really OEM and I wouldn't like to see this car being modified. :D Just joking. :)

goldNSX said:
Please buy another car as the one you've seen! :) This one is really OEM and I wouldn't like to see this car being modified. :D Just joking. :)

:biggrin: , I slightly modified my furthcoming nsx car as before my old one's.
Nicely...(I think) :wink:

roenick said:
Yep, I will check that gearbox number..
Btw. Do you have to give me any of your's "local" Zwizerlands car for sale www.pages? (Where I could find possible nsx??)

Also other european (Belgium & austria) www.pages is welcome!
Thank you :smile:

-pegi-

Swiss cars can be found on www.autoscout.ch If you're interested in one of ours strongly let me know, maybe someone of us knows the car or have a deeper look inside. The more cars leave Switzerland the higher will be the price of the remaining ones! :D:D:D

Roenick,

Congrats!! Do you think it might have been cheaper for you to import one from the U.S or Canada? I'm not sure about all your taxes but the list price sure is outrageous?

ders2000 said:
Roenick,

Congrats!! Do you think it might have been cheaper for you to import one from the U.S or Canada? I'm not sure about all your taxes but the list price sure is outrageous?

Hi,

First of all it was my plan.
But after I heard, my Finish politic do some idiot's movments.
I can't anymore imports car out there US to Finland (start of 1.1.2006)
But if I live out there I could, can't u belive it!?

Well, I have to find nsx here in EU area, and still pay highest taxes in eu & possible also in the world:mad: .

-pegi-

FINALLY I FOUND MY OWN :cool: !!!

The car is -97 and pretty happy about it.
Rims are BBS Le Mans 214/45/17 front & 265/35/18 rear
Suspension kit is made by Bilstein.
Now Im 1st finish owner here in Finland :eek:

Here are some pictures of my new toy :smile:

nsx_helsinki1.jpg

nsxkuvat1.jpg

nsxkuvat2.jpg

nsxkuvat5.jpg

I will tell more later...

Congrats,
Have been looking at the car you just bought too, liked the tan interior as that is different from most red cars.
Was for sale in Germany and looked like a good deal.
However, I want something other than red.
Good luck with it.

Maybe you should move the front number plate NOT in front of the radiator.

gene said:
My understanding is that, in Europe, a car's model year is determined by when it is first sold. So that means this car would be considered a 1993 NSX. (If an NSX were built in 1991 but sat in a dealer showroom, new, until 1997, it would be considered a 1997 NSX.)

This is different from here in North America, where a car's model year is determined when it is first built and is part of the vehicle identification number assigned at the factory.

pegi,

Outstanding NSX you have. I noticed that the targa top is black. I have never seen that before on a 1997 -- nice.

Are you familiar with FMI? We do some work with them.

FINALLY I FOUND MY OWN !!!

Hello Pegi,

Nice car you have bought, but the roof collar is not good for a 97 european car i hope you know this!!. It seems indeed a first type car that has been registrated not before 97 !!

Where dit you found this car ?? what is the cars chassinumber?

Great to have a new european NSX lover!!. I am now home from almost 2.5 weeks holiday in Norway and sweden, and i found in a carmagazine in norway that there where 3 red NSX cars for sale in Norway, is this one off them??

greatings from the Netherlands

ronny

Back