New Member - Hello!

Hello all,

I'd eventually like to own one of these awesome NSXs but it'll be awhile. I'm stuck for now in a lowly VW. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you guys prefer to leave these cars stock or modify them. From what i've seen, a lot of people modify these exotics where other owners of cars like Porsche and Ferrari wouldn't touch them. It's personal preference, yes, but it seems the owners of NSX's are more inclined to modify them.

Now for a noob question, are the 91-92 much different from the 93-01 (or whenever the 3.2L motor came out)?

What are the price range of these cars? In Canada, they're holding around $40K CDN.

Glad to be a member here,

Piran

Hello all,

I'd eventually like to own one of these awesome NSXs but it'll be awhile. I'm stuck for now in a lowly VW. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you guys prefer to leave these cars stock or modify them. From what i've seen, a lot of people modify these exotics where other owners of cars like Porsche and Ferrari wouldn't touch them. It's personal preference, yes, but it seems the owners of NSX's are more inclined to modify them.

Now for a noob question, are the 91-92 much different from the 93-01 (or whenever the 3.2L motor came out)?

What are the price range of these cars? In Canada, they're holding around $40K CDN.

Glad to be a member here,

Piran

Welcome

3.2L motor came out in 1997.

If you check here in the FAQ you can see some information. 1991-1994 were all hard tops, 3.0 liter 5spds, in 1995 -1996 majority were targa with, 3.0 liter engines, rated at 270hp. In 1997 engine switched to a 3.2 liter engine, rated at 290 hp and was coupled to a six speed transmission.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/GeneralInfo.htm

Many owners modify their cars, and many others don't.

You can find the answers to your questions (like "Changes by Year") in the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). Click on the word FAQ in the bar at the top of the page that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Well... It's been over 7 years since I joined this forum. Finally, I'm able to deliver what I set out to do.

I now own a 1992 NSX 5MT Formula Red on black coupe.

fl34far.jpg

fr23.jpg

fl34.jpg

fr34.jpg

rl34.jpg

rr34.jpg

I've been searching all through the winter. I sold my 02 C5 Corvette to move to this.

c5fr34.jpg

Looking forward to a great experience and meeting and interacting with other owners.

Thanks,
Piran

Congrats, and welcome to ownership. Compared to your C5 how do you like your NSX

Congratulations piran! I came from a vette too, sold my black C6 for a black 91 NSX. You're going to love the steering feel, chassis stiffness, build quality, seats, transmission and handling but will miss the V8 torque unless you supercharge it :smile:

Very cool.... Congratulations :biggrin:

HUGE Congrats on acheiving your goal to own an NSX.
You will not be disappointed! Nice looking NSX and
enjoy driving her as often as possible! Welcome to
NSX Land! Good Times!

i think many primers can relate to your story. at 18, first car i ever owned was a '90 acura legend. thats when the nsx dream began for me. Took 17 more years to get to the promise land haha

enjoy, and welcome

Congrats, and welcome to ownership. Compared to your C5 how do you like your NSX

The NSX is a very different vehicle! I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. You feel the speed! No body roll at all!
The Vette has gobs of torque as you can imagine. Definitely the most practical sports car; biggest trunk ever!

I never thought twice on where I parked the Corvette. Now I do with the NSX. Both cars have their individual charms. I am still getting used to the NSX!

For me, I've always had cars that were a bit more rare so the NSX is more up my alley.

Congratulations on your purchase :cool:
Awesome story, welcome!
Very cool.... Congratulations :biggrin:
Wow, congrats and welcome aboard. It took awhile but you made it! Beautiful NSX.
HUGE Congrats on acheiving your goal to own an NSX.
You will not be disappointed! Nice looking NSX and
enjoy driving her as often as possible! Welcome to
NSX Land! Good Times!
i think many primers can relate to your story. at 18, first car i ever owned was a '90 acura legend. thats when the nsx dream began for me. Took 17 more years to get to the promise land haha
enjoy, and welcome

Thanks everyone! Seems like a very diverse and great community to have joined! Happy to be here.

Congratulations piran! I came from a vette too, sold my black C6 for a black 91 NSX. You're going to love the steering feel, chassis stiffness, build quality, seats, transmission and handling but will miss the V8 torque unless you supercharge it :smile:

Yes, you're right. This doesn't feel as fast as the Corvette where you could choose no wrong gear. I've got to get used to the NSX's limits but of course I want to ensure the car is up to Stage 0 first!

reardriving1.jpg

Last edited:
there are things about the NSX that the vette doesn't have and your gonna learn them and love them

100% fact though your gonna get people taking pics of you anywhere you drive, people get out of their cars at redlights to snap a photo
from the front of your car not kidding... this is one thing no vette owner gets daily... trust me

also make a mental log of how many times you go out to the garage and look at it lol

Sorry, but what very little joy I felt when I saw a rarer Vette died with that museum sinkhole episode, where I think they said that they lost the 1 millionth and 1.5 millionth cars. With that many built, basically, who cares anymore? I couldn't care less how fast or bang for the buck at this point when the local Publix often has 3 in the parking lot.

A bit like when I lived in Boca Raton - basically lost most of my interest in cars for a couple of years. Tough to stay excited when every time we went out you would see a (pick 3 from Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo, Viper, <insert favorite exotic here>,etc).

Good for you OP for finally following through on the NSX, hope you think it was a good choice!! :o)

Back