New member from bay area

hello all
picked up a 1996 black nsx two days ago. Love the styling...hate the engine noise. :mad:

Its with Don at hilltop auto getting a new timing belt/waterpump and valve adjustment/new plugs and filters

cant wait to see how she feels and sounds afterwards. Still getting used to the clutch. :redface:

previous cars include
2000 supercharged 4runner (pretty fast)
1993 rx7
1996 m3

and now the 1996 nsx.

few pics

Attachments

• DSC02663.JPG
    DSC02663.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC02662.JPG
    DSC02662.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC02664.JPG
    DSC02664.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02661.JPG
    DSC02661.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 299
I was told that the clicking sounds were normal when I purchased the car....but after reading the forum I figured the ticking I was getting was a bit excessive.

Took it to Don and he agreed that it was a bit louder than "normal"

hope it quiets down after he does his magic. Kind of embarrassing when your at an intersection and your car sounds like a diesel truck.

david,

it looks like you got this from stevens creek acura, am i right? ahhaah.. if so,
i just saw this car this past weekend.

i asked for a test drive but decided not to after listening to the engine. i just wanted to compare it to my '93 and my '93 sounded so much better than this car. hopefully, it's not anything major. maybe just valve clearance.

i didn't like the fact that the carbon lining for the interior was not done professionally.

i'd like to see the car after the tune-up from Don, though.

where you at?

jbum

hey jbum
i live in north san jose near milpitas not too far from sunnyvale
yeah it sounded pretty crappy didnt it? It drives great and sounds great when moving but at idle its just a noisy piece of crap.

Ill definitely hit you up once I get the car back....Id love to see how a "normal" nsx is supposed to sound.

=) I'm not sure how normal my nsx is either. The only reason I wanted to test out that at the dealer was because I was curious about how newer cars would sound and feel.

Hi David,
Welcome!
It looks like we have a few things in common. I can see that you are Korean, and that you live in San Jose. If you have the chance, we should meet up soon. Please send me a PM so that I know the best way to contact you.

Thanks,
J.

picked up the car from hilltop auto....

The car runs soooo much better. Smoother idle and much stronger feel. Better response and the ticking sound has gone down quite a bit. still ticking but don assures me its normal.

I have a lot of clutch noise but I wont be addressing that until I get a replacement. Don says it needs lubing but not to worry about it.

All in all Don has made me feel very good about my purchase. See you guys at the meets!!!

David

Congrats!!! :smile:
and dont forget to check Northwest for all our Bayarea NSX events. see u soon

jbum said:
=) I'm not sure how normal my nsx is either. The only reason I wanted to test out that at the dealer was because I was curious about how newer cars would sound and feel.

nothing like wasting the dealers time, LOL :biggrin:

davidkimchee said:
i live in north san jose near milpitas not too far from sunnyvale
If you're looking for a shop that's got a ton of NSX experience and is a bit closer to home, check out Foreign Affair in Santa Clara.

Nothing against Don at Hilltop - he's great too - just a matter of "location, location, location"...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
nothing like wasting the dealers time, LOL :biggrin:
I stand guilty. However, I didn't test drive it. I just wanted to hear the engine, I told them. Didn't need to go further. :)

nsxtasy said:
If you're looking for a shop that's got a ton of NSX experience and is a bit closer to home, check out Foreign Affair in Santa Clara.

Nothing against Don at Hilltop - he's great too - just a matter of "location, location, location"...

I just read a lot of posts saying that Foreign Affair is a tad more expensive. Is this right?

Back