New member, first post

Hey everybody,

Looks like I have a buyer for my '93 Probe GT so I'm starting what will probably be a looooong process of resarching and buying a sports car. Daily driver is an A4.

My only requirements for any car I buy...

20-30K (I'm not made of money ;-)
Standard transmission
Looks to kill
Faster than a 93 PGT... shouldn't be too hard, eh? ;-)
Stock or nearly so
Optioned to the hilt
Doesn't make me nostalgic for my 93PGT
I can fit my 6'3" frame in it

And the most unfortunate requirement of all...

I'm gonna have to wait until we pay off the wife's Murano in 1-2 years :(

NSX is at the top of my list now, but I'm also thinking about Porsches, Supra TT, 350Z, 300ZX TT, RX7, RX8, S2000, etc.

I test drove a MR2 spyder but I couldn't shift without jamming my knee into the steering wheel / door handle.

Anyway, just saying hey and if anybody has some thoughts on my list of possible sports cars.

-Aron

welcome!

everything you want sounds reasonable, except you won't find an nsx optioned to the hilt! i think the only options available were the cell phone on older models and the cd changer. they all come fully loaded!

and get that RX8 off your list!

Looks like a great list. I'm surprised you found the MR2 Spyder tight. I'm the same height as you, and it has just about the same amount of room as the S2000.

Looks like a great list. I'm surprised you found the MR2 Spyder tight. I'm the same height as you, and it has just about the same amount of room as the S2000.

Most of my height is in my legs... which is why I'm hoping I fit in the NSX since I read here that torso height is the main issue.

welcome!

everything you want sounds reasonable, except you won't find an nsx optioned to the hilt! i think the only options available were the cell phone on older models and the cd changer. they all come fully loaded!

and get that RX8 off your list!

Sweet... fully loaded is exactly what I like.

So what don't you like about the RX8? I test drove a Shinka RX8 and thought it seemed pretty good, although a definate step down from a turbo RX7. I do have mixed feelings about the styling... and I'm not used to revving so high.

Hey, welcome!

I had a '93 MX-6 LS 5 speed from '93 til '03 and loved that car! I still sometimes miss it, but not in any way similar to the NSX. Let me tell you, you found exactly the right car in the NSX. I'm a couple months from my 5 year anniversary and it is not going anywhere. You'll love it.

RX8 is boring...boring...I think that you need to sit in an NSX and see if you will fit! If not...then most true exotics are out for you...I think that you will fit.

Dam:cool:

Most of my height is in my legs... which is why I'm hoping I fit in the NSX since I read here that torso height is the main issue.

Ah. That's very true. The NSX has plenty of leg room. My seat is not all the way back in the NSX, but my hair brushes the top.

Back