New member and 94 owner

Wanted to say hello and to state the obvious - what a great and resourceful site NSX PRIME is . After discovering the nsx pict. on my frig. was 12 years old I decided it was time to **** or get off the pot. Started looking seriously and after about 3 months I brought home a 94 blk/blk. Now I cannot figure why I didn't get one 10 years ago.

Welcome! Tell us the story of how you came to purchase your car?

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.As for how I got my 94 I just watched e-bay,autotrader and nsx prime.Not many for sale around s.e. iowa so when this Chicago nsx was posted on autotrader i took a day off work, made a road trip and brought her out to the farm.
2 owner (i am 3rd) stock and original blk/blk 94 with now 57k.
Fixed the non working jammed cd changer - all five cd's out of the tray!
Removed cellular phone and now dealing with the coin holder - think i will get a new one.
Getting ready to install a manual switch on antenna.
Thanks again

Welcome, Curator
I recently removed my old phone as well. When I inquired at the dealership, they wanted forty bucks for a replacement coin tray. There should be a false bottom plate in your armrest console, too; they probably threw that away when they installed the phone. There's another forty bucks.
If you're not afraid of a pleasant little project, let me know and I'll tell you how I redid the tray and made a replacement plate for less. They came out great. They even have the flocking (fuzz).
And as for the antenna switch, you might want to go to the search function and read up about the Smartenna. A very worthwhile update.

Welcome, Curator
I recently removed my old phone as well. When I inquired at the dealership, they wanted forty bucks for a replacement coin tray. There should be a false bottom plate in your armrest console, too; they probably threw that away when they installed the phone. There's another forty bucks.
If you're not afraid of a pleasant little project, let me know and I'll tell you how I redid the tray and made a replacement plate for less. They came out great. They even have the flocking (fuzz).
And as for the antenna switch, you might want to go to the search function and read up about the Smartenna. A very worthwhile update.

Thanks for the offer and advice gdae.
We must think alike as for forty bucks i'll fire up the plastic welder and get some flocking. Yes i am missing the false bottom so i will probubly grab a piece of plexiglass to use there. Also according to the owners manual I am missing the cup holder-can anyone tell me if it is even functional?
I have done research on the smart antenna but like the simplicity of the switch. thanks again

What are you guys who took out your NSX phones doing with them now?

Mine is getting boxed up to be stored - just in case. I have too many projects as it is but want to look into what it might take to install a land line phone in the nsx housing. Would make a neat shop or desk phone!

Re: the coin tray.
The installation instructions for the phone called for cutting a hole in the tray to accomodate the wiring. When they cut mine, they just hacked away -- a really inartful job.
In order to fix it and hide the repair, all of the old flock has to come out of it, which means scraping and sanding. I used violin maker's scrapers, which you probably won't have, but gouges or small chisels are easy to get and would work. It is amazing how durable that flocking really is.
For simplicity's sake I used regular old bondo to patch the hole. I scuffed the bottom of the tray so the bodo would stick. The backside will be ugly but no one will see it; just put a piece of tape inside the tray to form a flat spot, and smear on the bodo. When hard, sand the inside flat if it needs it.
For the flock: go to yahoo and type in "Donjer." They'll sell you any color you want, in this case black. Another place to get Donjer company's products is at Woodcraft. Just follow the provided instructions for flocking. You can put the fuzz back on the tray, the console plate, and ... I'm about to redo my engine cover because it looks bad.
Hope this is helpful. If I left anything out, let me know.
Sorry to hijack the thread. I'll shut up, now.

Back