new man on the block

Hey guys.... thanks for this site.... for three to four months I have researched with your help. Just bought a 91 sebring/black with 36,000 miles. Pick it up on Saturday and can't wait. It has original rims and I believe that will be my first mod and I'll probably wait for something I like on this site. I know cars fairly well and this car is almost flawless. I am buying it even though it is in the dreaded "range" Based on the condition and miles it was worth the risk and I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've suddied the FAQ on Transmission Troubleshooting and it helped me make up my mind anyway. I am looking for feedback on preventive mechanics that I might be able to do so I don't break down while in the middle of a Sunday cruise with my wife (after months of negotiations with her)

if you had picked up the car last week you could have come to the mini nsx meet we had out at tobay beach last week ...but iim sure there will be other long island meets coming up soon ....congradulations on the car and hope to see you at future meets

Congrats. Bet you are up bright and early this comming Saturday! :D

Congratulations!

Now go join the NSX Club of America and check out all the events in your region on the Northeast Region website. And remember, next year NSXPO 2004 will take place in your area (at Watkins Glen).

I wouldn't worry about the snap ring; just familiarize yourself with the symptoms, and if they don't appear, wait till your next clutch replacement or gear upgrade and change the upper transmission case and snap ring at that time. No sweat.

DeweyNSX said:
I am looking for feedback on preventive mechanics that I might be able to do so I don't break down while in the middle of a Sunday cruise with my wife (after months of negotiations with her)

1. Make sure all scheduled maintenance has been performed, including the replacement of the timing belt and water pump.

2. Consider replacing all the cooling system hoses.

3. If the window regulators haven't been replaced or upgraded, get a set of the Dali Racing window fix-it thingies and install them. DO THIS RIGHT AWAY. It's a $16 part (for a pair) that could prevent you from having to buy two new regulators (at $350-400 EACH).

Re: Re: new man on the block

nsxtasy said:
Congratulations!

Now go join the NSX Club of America and check out all the events in your region on the Northeast Region website. And remember, next year NSXPO 2004 will take place in your area (at Watkins Glen).

I wouldn't worry about the snap ring; just familiarize yourself with the symptoms, and if they don't appear, wait till your next clutch replacement or gear upgrade and change the upper transmission case and snap ring at that time. No sweat.

1. Make sure all scheduled maintenance has been performed, including the replacement of the timing belt and water pump.

2. Consider replacing all the cooling system hoses.

3. If the window regulators haven't been replaced or upgraded, get a set of the Dali Racing window fix-it thingies and install them. DO THIS RIGHT AWAY. It's a $16 part (for a pair) that could prevent you from having to buy two new regulators (at $350-400 EACH).

Just received info from NsX Pilot on local mechanics. I am tracking ownership since the car came from a dealer with no maintenance records, etc. Two oxner car... originally out of Maryland till 98 then up in Mass till now. I hope to hear back from the Mass. owner. I'll research getting the thingies and go from there once I get the car and feel it for awhile. Just mailed my address back to join the northeast region.

Congratulations!! I hope to see you at one of the NSX Uppereast meetings!

Back