New Magnaflow Muffler Install.

Just got my new magnaflow muffler and tips custom installed on my 91. sounds great! Looking for someone in ATL . area with digital camara to take a few pics for me to post on Prime. any one? The muffler sounds very good, welcome all GA. owners to come by and hear it, and tell me what you think. Eiffel.

Mynsxjoy said:
A magnaflow muffler will become irritating at 3000 rpm on long trips. That’s why I am looking for a new muffler. :(

The Anytime will always be perfect at any RPM.

Mynsxjoy said:
A magnaflow muffler will become irritating at 3000 rpm on long trips. That’s why I am looking for a new muffler. :(

I'm happy with the magnaflow at the full range of rpms.... i may have a different model magnaflow than you are using.... no resonance or any "booming" of any kind...

Mynsxjoy said:

Have you heard of Spintech mufflers? I might try them. Prob going to run dual same end mufflers for True Dual effect.

I've been considering going this route for quite a while but never have heard exactly what a custom fabrication is running people $-wise. I can find prices on the parts, I'm curious what you're getting charged for the fabrication work. Any specifics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nate

Cost me $225 for labor and material, I supply the muffler and tips, I came to this route after hearing anytime,comptech,taitec lightweight,and flowmaster. IMO, magnaflow sounds the best. deeper than stock and very mellow, no raspy sound at any rpm range. Have not heard DALI. Wish I did though :(

Eiffel,
Thanks for that information! Just curious did you use the longer canister 14386 or the shorter 14379? I've only heard the Taitec JGTC in person, how would you compare the volume level? Thanks for the info.

Nate

Big_nate said:
Eiffel,
Thanks for that information! Just curious did you use the longer canister 14386 or the shorter 14379? I've only heard the Taitec JGTC in person, how would you compare the volume level? Thanks for the info.

Nate
I used 11386, which is the aluminized steel version of the 14386,(and $30 cheaper) the muffler shop was not willing to use stainless steel pipes for me, so I went with the 11386, with 35158 tips, I had originally bought 14568 muffler, which was too big for the muffler shop to fit. I would prefer to use all stainless pipes, muffler, but the muffler shop did not carry it and was kind of hesitant to even do the install for me. so I went with the regular aluminized muffler and pipes. The whole job came out very good, everything is tucked in and looks oe to untrained eyes. The tips are very similar to 91-94 tips but more rounded than oval, the Taitec lightweight is louder than the Magnaflow at all sound levels. Can't wait for next NSX meets so I can hear all others for comparasion. ;)
BTW I got the muffler and tips from Full line exhaust, 1 800 264 8035, www.fulllineexhaust.com Great price and excellent service.

Last edited:
Do you plan to post some pics?
I have been considering a custom exhaust, but was looking at the flowmaster.
I now may have to consider the magnaflow as well.

Thanks,

Nate in DC

Dali will get my vote. I put one on about 2 months ago. Compared to the CT and the RM racing, It is louder than both. It has a very DEEP tone. I love it. And at $600.00 it a total steal. Almost sounds as good as the RM but half the price!!

Hey RJP, the most impressive thing about the Dali is the coloring, Im getting a deep blue fading into an orange/gold near the tips, and you?

I agree with the comments above. The Magnaflow is deeper sounding through the whole RPM range. Sound is a pretty subjective so it is difficult to make a recommendation, but I like this exhaust!

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 790
CJ - my system is relatively new (couple to few months old). I haven't noticed any discoloration at all...perhaps that's coming soon? This system is well worth the $600.

NetViper-the only issue i have is that when you load up the car (give it gas) without the rpms or mph to support it, it does "boom" or "drone" in the cabin and outside, too, probably. If you were to downshift, for example, and speed away, the droning wouldn't take place. Kinda hard to describe, but that was my best attempt at it.

humm you think this may be cool for 1 side of the NSX?

0307Vet_Pipe10_z.jpg

What exhaust is in that picture?? Corvette, maybe?? :confused: :confused:

yes C5 corvette. but that piece alone is $550. so not much of a saving when you need to get two + fab cost to install. :(

RJP- I have been to an Autox and 2 lapping sessions at the local track. GET IT HOT! The coloration is awesome. I will try to post some pics if I get the chance. Starts out blue at cat and the rest is an bronze/gold color. I would guess I have about 300 HARD miles on it.

NetViper- I am not getting much resonation except at low RPM in a high gear, and even then its minimal. You should here this puppy at WOT! Once those cams start opening up it is awesome. I have not used my stereo since I put in on.

Back