New (M3) Guy Saying Hi!!!

Hey guys!

Just wanted to say hi.

I have a 2003 M3 SMG and a 1995 318i (project car). Planning on dumping the 318 and getting a early model NSX. You guys have an awesome forum and from what i have seen so far, very knowledgeable members.

U guys make me want an NSX more than ever now! :) :)

Here are some pics

7105front-med.jpg

7105m3-med.jpg

With one of my buddies

7105p1010018-med.jpg

Almost as mean as an NSX:p

7105p1010005-med.jpg

Also Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the compliments with the forum but that's really not my doing.
I would be very curious as to your impressions of the NSX compared to the BMW M3. Even though most people I know will tell me the NSX 'looks' faster, in reality, the current E46 M3 is qucker in most sprints. Margins might be small but they are there.

MvM said:
Also Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the compliments with the forum but that's really not my doing.
I would be very curious as to your impressions of the NSX compared to the BMW M3. Even though most people I know will tell me the NSX 'looks' faster, in reality, the current E46 M3 is qucker in most sprints. Margins might be small but they are there.

I have no experience with the NSX so i can only assume that the slight advantage of the M3 can be attributed to the more linear delivery of power by the S54 engine as compared to the NSX. Also SMG vs. 6MT M3s i can notice a profound (well maybe not that profound) difference in the 'feel' of going fast, if u catch my drift.

MvM said:
Even though most people I know will tell me the NSX 'looks' faster, in reality, the current E46 M3 is qucker in most sprints. Margins might be small but they are there.

Not according to the magazines. Most of the magazine tests show the E46 M3 accelerates about equal with the 3.2-liter six-speed NSX-T, slightly slower than the 3.2-liter six-speed NSX Coupe (e.g. Zanardi), and slightly faster than the 3.0-liter NSX Coupe.

That's for the U.S. market version, in which the E46 M3 has 333 hp. I don't know if the one for your market is different from ours.

m3urthy said:
Hey guys!

Just wanted to say hi.

I have a 2003 M3 SMG and a 1995 318i (project car). Planning on dumping the 318 and getting a early model NSX. You guys have an awesome forum and from what i have seen so far, very knowledgeable members.

U guys make me want an NSX more than ever now! :) :)

Welcome!

Hey! You're in Fullerton!
Sure would like to take a closer look at your ride in person.
Can I, can I, can I?! ;)

Re: Re: New (M3) Guy Saying Hi!!!

Joel said:
Welcome!

Hey! You're in Fullerton!
Sure would like to take a closer look at your ride in person.
Can I, can I, can I?! ;)

Sure! Ill be at a meet in Brea tomorrow with some other fanatics from e46fanatics.com. Ill also try to come out to a few local NSX meets this summer.:)

Re: Re: New (M3) Guy Saying Hi!!!

Russ said:
Welcome... having never driven a paddle-shift car, but intrigued by them, I wonder if you'd mind sharing your impressions of the SMG.

SMG...some people hate it...others swear by it. I absolutely love it. It gives you almost as much control as a manual with the comfort of an automated mode for whenever u may need it (ie traffic, cell phone, Starbucks). I usually drive in the manual or sequential mode (S5) with Sport mode on and all i can say is wow! It shifts faster than i would ever dare to shift (if anybody sifted that agressively they would probably break the shift linkage). With S6 i can even hear the tires chirp goin into 3rd which is just awesome. I've driven a 6MT M3 Cabrio on many occasions and that car is awesome too but it feels like i get too much of a workout with the clutch.

Back