New - Looking at a couple Cars

Hello all,

New to the site, and have been interested in these cars for a long time. I'm kicking myself for not scooping one up a few years back when it was much more affordable.

I worked in collision repair for a little while, and I'm more interested in finding a project that needs to be saved, rather than one that's already in pristine condition. One of the cars I'm looking at has some damage to the right quarter. It doesn't look too bad, but I have to admit I'm not super familiar with the inner panel layout on the NSX. Does anyone happen to have good pictures with the outer panel removed? I know the inner panel on this car is damaged, but it doesn't look terrible in photos. I'd just like to get a baseline to compare it to before I bother having someone inspect it locally for me.

Hello all,

New to the site, and have been interested in these cars for a long time. I'm kicking myself for not scooping one up a few years back when it was much more affordable.

I worked in collision repair for a little while, and I'm more interested in finding a project that needs to be saved, rather than one that's already in pristine condition. One of the cars I'm looking at has some damage to the right quarter. It doesn't look too bad, but I have to admit I'm not super familiar with the inner panel layout on the NSX. Does anyone happen to have good pictures with the outer panel removed? I know the inner panel on this car is damaged, but it doesn't look terrible in photos. I'd just like to get a baseline to compare it to before I bother having someone inspect it locally for me.
I encourage your effort but my paint/body guy MADE me source all parts before he started the project because parts are expensive and often hard to find.
Clip on pallet.jpg

Hello Welcome

You might be interested in this project. There are lots of detailed photos. See link
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/205184-Saving-a-Zanardi%92s-life

Impressive work. Looks like it took a pretty hard shot. The one I'm looking at isn't this bad. It got hit in the rear corner on the passenger side and was pushed into the car in front of it. New quarter and bumpers for sure, maybe a new fender. It's the internal structure I'm not sure on. I'm trying to use a buddy to pull the claim info on it - Geico agents usually take pretty detailed photos.

Edit: Stumbled on this post that's got some great shots with panels removed. Now if I can just get better photos from the insurance company I can figure out how bad the damage really is.

Last edited:
Back