New Kids' Day Date - July 30, 2008

I was contacted by Bill Schultz at Trackmasters who was trying to work out a new date for Kids' Day. The best he could do was July 30 with a different group of campers. This would be a smaller group of about 25 campers ages 15-20 who come from out of the country to attend the camp. I don't know if I can make that day but I wanted to post it in case anyone was still interested in working with a different group of campers later in July.

Bill is really a stand up guy,he personaly called everyone who signed up for the original date to give the bad news.I hope some of us can still attend the new date,I'm kinda stuck with my previous vaca choice.

I'm all for supporting "Kid's Day", and I could possibly rearrange my schedule to accomodate the date, however for only 25 kids it hardly seems the same. I was giving some thought to the situation last night and feel that if I can't make the committment, I couldn't push everyone else here to do it. So, I hereby release everyone from my "hounding" and "prodding" and let you all do what you feel is correct. I am going to hold everyone who RSVP'd for the original date for next year!!!!!:wink:

I am hoping also that all of our kind-hearted members who signed up this year will be able to do it next year as well, and perhaps even try to recruit a few more. Unfortunately, I cannot do this new date since I have company staying over through Tuesday night to make one last visit to Yankee and Shea stadiums. Even if I left for the track immediately after the game Tuesday night I would be leaving my guests alone on the day they were packing to leave. :frown:

Sorry but the 30th is out for me as well. I have another project going live that week and need to be around for the event. I will be there next year as long as they hold to the date :frown: The ones I feel sorry for are the kids who missed out this year.

I'm not sure yet. Just got back from vacation (incredible time was had by one and all) and need to see how the dust settles and what work might look like. I would love to go if I can. Besides Kid's Day, it would probably be my only track event for the year.

Back