New kid on the block here! Here's my story/rant...

Hello. My Name is Danny. I thought I'd introduce myself to the northeast forum as I've been perusing prime for months in complete secrecy. Although this is my first post on prime, I have been fairly active on supraforums.com for some time now, and 6 supras later decided to finally make the switch. Ive always heard good things about nsxprime and am proud to have joined this forum. Let me just say its an honor to associate with gentlemen over pretentious, prepubescent internet nutswingers. ;)

That said, Ive had the pleasure of meeting 3 nsxprime members at the last "Island Import Day" meet in farmingdale, ny a few months back who were certainly lived up to the rep. One of whom had an orange 02+ (arista5?) , the other an 02+ silverstone and the last was a black 91-93 style. Would be nice to catch wind of the next meet and see you guys again.

I just picked my 94 up a few weeks ago and am still getting acquainted with things. Prior to purchasing I had read several comparisons between both cars on both this forum and SF (naturally the supra fanboys were biased). In spite of the joys of forced induction, one can grow quite bored with it and the hype quickly dissipates. Let's just say propaganda sure has a way of swaying one's opinion. Nonetheless it was an emotional decision as I never thought I'd betray my 6 inline 6's. Then one somber supra meet, this supercharged aluminum gem pulled up with an aura in all its glory and awoke me to the sad reality that perhaps I'd been settling in my pursuit of the perfect dream car. I took the standard Supraforums approach and maintained my focus on the large single turbo engine that layeth before me in an effort to marginalize the NSX.. Alas, it was of no use. Really, if I could've I would've blocked his car with mine, the denial was THAT strong.. not sure if that's normal. I sneaked a few peaks before finally letting out a cry and confessing to my supra-friend my new found hatred for the supra.

With that said let me just add that I don't really harbor any resentment towards Supras or supraforums (just some apathetic members)..

But back to the nsx; these cars really do have a timeless look so hang on to them and don't get bored of them.. and if you find that you are, spend some time away from each other and then reaquaint, you'll see what i mean. It truly is love at first sight.

My apologies to the sticklers of punctuation and if I came off too opinionated...perhaps these repressed feelings are side-effects of being on SF too long?

Without further adeiu, here are some pics of my newly acquired nsx (and my last few supras).

I look forward to meeting you guys!

Thanks!

-Danny

Reginaandchristian009.jpg

Reginaandchristian010.jpg

06302010707.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey man, welcome! I used to own a Supra TT back in the day, and it was fun but then I moved on. I recently picked up my 94 NSX and it's a whole different experience. Not as fast, but more rewarding to drive and I love how low it feels and how responsive the steering is. Plus it's a blast to drive on the track. I've been on Supraforums forever and it's gotten pretty lame IMO. I just browse off-topic for the laughs once in awhile.. anyway glad to have another convert!

Hey Danny,

Welcome to NSXPrime.

Love Mk4 Supras, always thought of them as badboy JDM Vipers both in looks and performance.

The NSX is a different animal. Its subtle, refined, and you really appreciate it more as you get delve more into the things that surround it (community, history, build quality). Its just a special car.

What are you plans for your car? You have a modding background so I assume the bug has already bitten? I came from RB26's (Skyline GTRs...in fact I still own one) and the first thing I noticed when I went from my 500 hp R32 to the stock 280hp NSX was that the power just seemed to be undermatched to the chassis so on went the supercharger.... :cool:

Congrats on your NSX purchase! I am very glad we have another NE member. Will you be joining us for the River Run? Its one of the best NSX events and its this Saturday.

Simon

Hello. My Name is Danny. I thought I'd introduce myself to the northeast forum as I've been perusing prime for months in complete secrecy. Although this is my first post on prime, I have been fairly active on supraforums.com for some time now, and 6 supras later decided to finally make the switch. Ive always heard good things about nsxprime and am proud to have joined this forum. Let me just say its an honor to associate with gentlemen over pretentious, prepubescent internet nutswingers. ;)

That said, Ive had the pleasure of meeting 3 nsxprime members at the last "Island Import Day" meet in farmingdale, ny a few months back who were certainly lived up to the rep. One of whom had an orange 02+ (arista5?) , the other an 02+ silverstone and the last was a black 91-93 style. Would be nice to catch wind of the next meet and see you guys again.

I just picked my 94 up a few weeks ago and am still getting acquainted with things. Prior to purchasing I had read several comparisons between both cars on both this forum and SF (naturally the supra fanboys were biased). In spite of the joys of forced induction, one can grow quite bored with it and the hype quickly dissipates. Let's just say propaganda sure has a way of swaying one's opinion. Nonetheless it was an emotional decision as I never thought I'd betray my 6 inline 6's. Then one somber supra meet, this supercharged aluminum gem pulled up with an aura in all its glory and awoke me to the sad reality that perhaps I'd been settling in my pursuit of the perfect dream car. I took the standard Supraforums approach and maintained my focus on the large single turbo engine that layeth before me in an effort to marginalize the NSX.. Alas, it was of no use. Really, if I could've I would've blocked his car with mine, the denial was THAT strong.. not sure if that's normal. I sneaked a few peaks before finally letting out a cry and confessing to my supra-friend my new found hatred for the supra.

With that said let me just add that I don't really harbor any resentment towards Supras or supraforums (just some apathetic members)..

But back to the nsx; these cars really do have a timeless look so hang on to them and don't get bored of them.. and if you find that you are, spend some time away from each other and then reaquaint, you'll see what i mean. It truly is love at first sight.

My apologies to the sticklers of punctuation and if I came off too opinionated...perhaps these repressed feelings are side-effects of being on SF too long?

Without further adeiu, here are some pics of my newly acquired nsx (and my last few supras).

I look forward to meeting you guys!

Thanks!

-Danny

Reginaandchristian009.jpg

Reginaandchristian010.jpg

06302010707.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

photo1.jpg

Good choice! Clean looking X. Congrats

Welcome Danny, I remember talking with you. Congratulations on your new car :)

Yes that was My 05 Orange, and the 05 Silverstone was RobD. The 91 was another guy Ben. You may have also talked to the other mike (he has the red conv.)

You should register for the river run. It will be the biggest NE event this year. Contact me via PM if you would like more info. also PM me your number and i can keep you updated on anything happening that you may or may not already know.

-Mike

Welcome aboard! What year was the Supra event where you saw the NSX and what color was it? Bringing a different car to a single car meet always draws attention. Cough (Rich & Roger).

Did you ever go single in your Supra or just stock twins? The NSX is a different experience. Sign up for the river run and we can discuss in person. :smile:

Welcome Danny, I remember talking with you. Congratulations on your new car :)

Yes that was My 05 Orange, and the 05 Silverstone was RobD. The 91 was another guy Ben. You may have also talked to the other mike (he has the red conv.)

You should register for the river run. It will be the biggest NE event this year. Contact me via PM if you would like more info. also PM me your number and i can keep you updated on anything happening that you may or may not already know.

-Mike

Hey Danny...I remember you!!! WOW...you weren't BSing when you said that you were going NSX in a hurry! Congrads....you're going to love the car. Mike(Arista5)and I hang alot and would welcome a get together soon.
The River Run is this Sat and would be great if you could make it. Where did you get the car? It looks like a real beauty!

hey congrats on your 94! i recognize a few of those supras you just posted from SF, you were trying to sell them right?

I remember chatting with you and I guess you were quite serious about an NSX. Welcome to the group and swallow a wealth of info for the car, I won't be at river run this year :( but I'm sure we will catchup with mike,rob d and I sometime this summer for sure.

Welcome to your NSX ownership! I hope you find it rewarding and enjoyable as the rest of us addicts have. It was great to read your story.

Shit. So many replies so fast..you guys are awesome, thanks a lot for the warm welcome!
I totally regret not being able to make it for this year's river run as my nsx isn't the only new addition to the house! My wife gave birth to our son roughly two weeks ago so I'm still dealing with a hectic sleep schedule! Nonetheless I hope you guys had a great time and cant wait to delve into some nice scenic shots. I'm definitely up for the next event, whether big or small and hope to see you guys there!

Off to the responses I go!

Hey Danny,

Welcome to NSXPrime.

Love Mk4 Supras, always thought of them as badboy JDM Vipers both in looks and performance.

The NSX is a different animal. Its subtle, refined, and you really appreciate it more as you get delve more into the things that surround it (community, history, build quality). Its just a special car.

What are you plans for your car? You have a modding background so I assume the bug has already bitten? I came from RB26's (Skyline GTRs...in fact I still own one) and the first thing I noticed when I went from my 500 hp R32 to the stock 280hp NSX was that the power just seemed to be undermatched to the chassis so on went the supercharger.... :cool:

Thank you for the welcome sir!
I can't stand to see a blank canvas! As of now I have the stacy skirts installed and unfortunately it came with lambo doors (don't shun me yet). It most certainly is a more refined car and there's much to appreciate about its build quality. Comparatively speaking I am very pleased with the change but like so many others, i do lust for some more in the hp dept. :X I'm thinking CTSC?

Welcome aboard! What year was the Supra event where you saw the NSX and what color was it? Bringing a different car to a single car meet always draws attention. Cough (Rich & Roger).

Did you ever go single in your Supra or just stock twins? The NSX is a different experience. Sign up for the river run and we can discuss in person. :smile:

thanks for the welcome Aaron!

To answer your last question first, I've owned every type of supra from n/a to TT to single, very memorable experiences to say the least. I still frequent in my 6spd but don't really enjoy it like I used to, was definitely time to move on.

Funny you should mention rick/roger...
Wonder if you recognize this car!!

IMG_0311.jpg

SPOTTED! lmao
Tell me that wasn't you man...You're the mystery nsx mentioned in my storyline! AAAAH!! Dude I lost 2 months of sleep after seeing your car at that meet...Debating my switch...

nice car btw... :redface:

SupraTT welcome, by now you know the wealth of knowledge that can be found on Prime. Like you said I also noticed a big difference in NSXPrime when compared to the maturity level of other Forums.

PS Congrats on the little one

Hey Danny...I remember you!!! WOW...you weren't BSing when you said that you were going NSX in a hurry! Congrads....you're going to love the car. Mike(Arista5)and I hang alot and would welcome a get together soon.
The River Run is this Sat and would be great if you could make it. Where did you get the car? It looks like a real beauty!

HEYYY ROB
Haha yeaaa I had my sights set after it for some time, thanks to our friend Aaron here /\ /\ /\

Sadly I missed the event; baby business, I owe you guys the next one. I got the car from a guy I knew it jersey, drives really well but if only I had more time to be in it! :-\

I remember chatting with you and I guess you were quite serious about an NSX. Welcome to the group and swallow a wealth of info for the car, I won't be at river run this year :( but I'm sure we will catchup with mike,rob d and I sometime this summer for sure.

Yes yes we most certainly will meet. I will be posted as to any future meets. Great to meet you. Again. :)

Chappetto... j/k Not really, is that the tradition on prime? I'll have to get back to you on that one lol THx

The tradition is that you call your NSX an NSX unless you are a chick. We aren't playing this game:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g7xYQx05u0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its not going to be Tammy-Lynn, Monica or Veronica.... unless you are wearing cheap cologne and having some alone time with it in the privacy of your garage. YOUR GARAGE, not a public garage, my garage, or someone else's garage. You also don't call it "the X", or "X", or use this term on the forum at any time... EVER: "pure sex".

Never spell Zanardi as "Zinardi", never call an 02+ car an "NA2" unless you are shitfaced drunk writing a rap lyric like "I was ridin' with my too fool crew... in my NA-2"

Never wear anything ridiculous while driving the NSX, even though I'm still trying to fix that problem with quite a few of our members now. Remember that you represent a community here so no pink shirts, flip flops, or Capri pants. And if you order a drink it shouldn't be all colorful and icy, and it definitely shouldn't have two straws and an umbrella in it. NOT UNLESS YOU DROVE YOUR OTHER CAR TO THE BAR. You order this:

whisky-on-the-rocks1.jpg

You sip it, nod to a few people, then you go home.

I'm sure there is more I can think of but the love I am giving you now should be enough to hold you over until we get to know who you are.

Last edited:
Hi Danny,
Welcome to Prime. Your formula red NSX is a beauty. Good luck with it. As Aaron said, feel free to show up at any Prime posted NE mini-meets and shows with the new NSX or any Supra or other, etc., etc. We are all car nuts and love to have fun with shock and awe once in a while.

Once you get situated, you may also want to consider joining the NSXCA (not part of prime). I personally have been a member of many car clubs through the years and the NSX club of America is by far the best. That one is strictly an NSX only club with very well organized annual events such as the River Run and NSXPO. Also, now that you are surfing Prime, if you need any mechanical work or routine service for your NSX, you may want to consider prime member LarryBastanza. Any and all body work or paint, prime member pbassjo. They are quite simply "the best!" They are also long time NSXCA members.

I look forward to meeting you at a future event. :smile:

-Rich

BTW I hope you get my humor and don't take me too seriously.

never call an 02+ car an "NA2" unless you are shitfaced drunk writing a rap lyric like "I was ridin' with my too fool crew... in my NA-2"

When I read this I did a silent standing ovation. I will refer anyone who makes this mistake in the future to this post.

Back