New HSC

When the new Acura exotic, whatever they decide to call it, comes out, will it impact the pricing of the NSX's that are on the used car market?

Will it have a greater effect on the newer models than the older ones?

Any thoughts?

Packard said:
When the new Acura exotic, whatever they decide to call it, comes out, will it impact the pricing of the NSX's that are on the used car market?

Will it have a greater effect on the newer models than the older ones?

Any thoughts?

I doubt it will impact the NSX at all because it will be a completely different market and the NSX is a limited production car, unlike say Corvettes. Just my $.02.

The NSX will for sure remain a true classic and the prices will probably not go much further down (if they drop it's probably due to high milage and use) because the production has stopped and available cars are limited to under 10.000 in USA and under 10.000 internationally. I even think the demand and prices for well-maintained NSXs will go up after 4-5 years from now - like they do with all classics (I don't know about US-market, but here the old BMW M3 E30 prices have gone up 50-60% the last years for the well maintained M3 E30s - there is a huge possibility this will happen to NSX also).

Speaking of classics, I don't think a new supercar from Honda will takeover the NSXs place. It will remain the first japanese supercar and a true icon in the auto-history forever, no doubt.

Fellows, here in Japan, the number of NSX's available has fallen by half compared to a year ago. Japanese owners are keeping them and not letting them go! I would suggest you do the same, because there will never be another like it, especially if we have to depend on the likes of Veilside to design it...
That's my 2 Yen...
DJ

BUT, I love what they did to the RX-7! I want that kit for my FD3S:biggrin:

Fellows, here in Japan, the number of NSX's available has fallen by half compared to a year ago. Japanese owners are keeping them and not letting them go! I would suggest you do the same, because there will never be another like it, especially if we have to depend on the likes of Veilside to design it...
That's my 2 Yen...
DJ

BUT, I love what they did to the RX-7! I want that kit for my FD3S:biggrin:

What are the Japanese community saying about the ASC?? Do they like it? Is Japan working on their own mid-engine version? We only hope.

What are the Japanese community saying about the ASC?? Do they like it? Is Japan working on their own mid-engine version? We only hope.

Please, the public's voice is about 2% of what we want out of the design of a car. The Initial HSC was soo hot they put it in a video game. Two if you count GT4 Prologue. The Skyline GTR Prototype was in the same games. Look at the new GTR coming out in a few years...incredibly similar to what we saw years ago. The NSX? Totally new direction. Why? Only the same wrinkled prune you saw uncovering that LFS competitor and stumbling through his speech in front of an Acura symbol instead of a HONDA one knows. It's called trying to please investors if you ask me. NSX has forever been a Honda, even with the Acura badge. This is branding and marketing. The HSC was first revealed here in Japan, named as a Honda. The brand marketing for the overseas market would be set-it's a Honda. REAL NSX lovers know it, but with many of the future buyers being the people who don't even know who Ayrton Senna was want Acuras, not Hondas, that's what they made. Voila, the birth of the ASC. Nissan did the same thing with the GTR, drop Nissan, make it a Skyline GTR Maybe it will become an Infiniti too...
Enough ranting, I need 9 more people to order our kit so I can have my dream car...
DJ

Back