New here

Hey guys I am new to the NSX world, but I am going to be getting one once I sell my old car. My first question is are there any issues that I need to look out for when buying one. For example, normal issues at certain miles. I am probally going to spend in the range of 30-35k for one. I would like to find in the mileage range of 40k- 60k ideally.

Thanks for the help guys

Hey Welcome!

we got a great group of owners here.

for 30-35K you can get a very nice 91-95T, maybe even a 96-97 if your very lucky.

there are lots of nice 91 with 40-60k for $30-32K i would definitly look into those!

if your looking for a 3.2L 6 speed your'll probably need to come up with an additional 2-5K.

Personally i always look for maintenance history, however if the car looks great, checks out and drives strong, its not a BIG issue if they dont have much. Timing belt and water pump is a big job on this car, i would make sure to ask.

Make sure you run a carfax first. dont want a good looking salvage car.

Also i would ask the owner about his expereince with the car the more he can chat about the car, usually means he is definitly a hands on owner and will take good care of it.

Get a ppi is also a wise investment. Somes times a car that looks fine can have issues with body, chassie or engine that are hard to spot.

You'll love the car and the community

Once again, welcome and happy motoring

Rob

Do a search on here for Snap-Ring failure in the transmission. Hopefully the one you get will be out of snap ring range or be previously fixed.

Also the Timing Belt and Water Pump are expensive maintnance issues that come up. Try to find one that has had this done already.

If you find one in another part of the country... throw it up on here and ask if someone can go take a look at it for you. Most of us would be happy. We'll ask the right questions and make sure we take close up pics of any imperfections and send it to you so you can have a better feel of what you're looking at from so far away.

Hope you get it soon. Welcome to the brotherhood. :wink:

Welcome aboard! The TB/WP advice is sound. Also, for the mileage you are looking at - keep the clutch maintenance in mind. Although and OEM NSX clutch can last a LONG time, I venture to say many 40-60Kmi NSX models for sale will have a worn clutch if not yet replaced.

OEM clutch for NA1 (3.0L engine) is roughly $2,300. Use that information when negotiating a purchase price. Since you live in Houston - you will have many months of warm weather to enjoy the best sports car ever built. I envy you:wink:

Good luck!

Edit - I think I confused you with another newbie that lives in Houston. Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited:
Back