New Here. Serious Here. Seeker...

I've been wanting this car for 20 years - I've seen that many of you have, too! I want the original incarnation - 91/92. I'm searching all over Miami and Orlando, but I'd even go to L.A. to get the right one.

Just putting it out there - I'm not scared of 100,000 miles. I can do the timing belt/water pump. I can bring it back to 'new' over time.

I'm looking everywhere, and it takes a lot of work to find one. Boy, the automatics are cheap!

If you can help, please do. It is good to be here. I'm committed to this! I know it may take over a year.

Wish-list: 91/92 black/black. Wouldn't mind red at all. I just want to drive the car that Senna drove....

Thanks.

Your wish list seems reasonable, 91/92 red with a 100K, only thing I don't know is if your budget does. There should be several cars that match your criteria for sale. Good luck with your search.

Thanks, clr1024 - my first reply. I'm here for real now!

I was shopping in the under $30k range. I've seen them as low as 17k with 300k miles!

I am a mechanical/automotive engineer, so I'm not scared of tearing into it. I might actually become a "curator" for this car.

Best to you all,

FX

Thats a good budget, you should be able to find something well taken care of in that price range, given your requirements. Some people come on here with dreams of a 100K miles on a 91 in great shape for $15K, that's just not going to happen...not with a car without stories or you knew someones rich uncle.

Carl

Look in our classifieds here on prime. Congrats and good luck

Would love to see another NSX in JAX. We don't have enough.

Do your research. Try to avoid Snap Ring range cars, though that might be hard in your range.

I personally prefer the 94 because it has nicer wheels and no snap ring issues. (if you plan on staying stock)

Thanks, all! I even like the original 1991 wheels! They have that 'period' look to them - I like that they don't look 'right' in 2012.

Was cross-shopping a Lotus Esprit of the same era. But that could be a fickle mistress...

FX

well the price difference is big when you compare
manual transmission to auto transmission

which are you looking for?

I got my 92 3 years ago for 21K it was in NC found it on craigslist
drove up the next day and bought it

not a drop of records, didnt know when the timing belt was last done and it had 114K miles in good shape, I talked to the car all the way home
" please dont break down, when we get home I will make you mint"

now 3 years later its in MINT shape.

its fun to bring them back from OK condition to Mint

I jumper on a car that no-one would want as it had no records or anything
and it was a gamble that paid off.

good luck on your search

Thanks, all! I even like the original 1991 wheels! They have that 'period' look to them - I like that they don't look 'right' in 2012.

Was cross-shopping a Lotus Esprit of the same era. But that could be a fickle mistress...

FX

Having driven an 89 esprit turbo, I would never buy one.

FX

A friend has one. Maintenance nightmare

well the price difference is big when you compare
manual transmission to auto transmission

which are you looking for?

I got my 92 3 years ago for 21K it was in NC found it on craigslist
drove up the next day and bought it

not a drop of records, didnt know when the timing belt was last done and it had 114K miles in good shape, I talked to the car all the way home
" please dont break down, when we get home I will make you mint"

now 3 years later its in MINT shape.
re
its fun to bring them back from OK condition to Mint

I jumper on a car that no-one would want as it had no records or anything
and it was a gamble that paid off.

good luck on your search

Shawn - thanks! I loved your story. I'd be the same way. Just drive me home, and I'll make you pure again. I'm searching 91/92 red or black. I want to take care of one of these things...

FX

Back