New guy already looking for mod's

Well folks we pick up our '93 on the 14th. As it sits a RS*R exhaust system, K&N intake, aftermarket rims and tires have all been installed as well as it has been lowered. I would like to get the thrust to weight ratio roughly equivalent to that of a jet fighter! I'm looking for any suggestions and or drawbacks to Superchargers or Turbo's. I don't think I want to go the stroker route unless the arguments for the rebuild are overwhelming.
What do you think?

I think the Comptech Supercharger is the most popular if you want to spend that kind of money. I recommend getting used to the car the way it is for a while first. These cars can get loose on you if your not careful.

Headers should be next. If you do decide to pursue forced induction the CTSC is the most reliable option on the market. You should wind up at around 325-350 rwhp.

Thanks, For the advice. Gotta save some green first. So it'll be a year or so before I can do too much. But it's nice to have a target. I was reading that Comptech has gone out of business. Have they revived the company?

Header and exhuast should be next. Don't be cheap on these mods because you will get the best result from it. Easily 20 plus HP gain if get the right brand. K&N filter may not be as good as stock box with Comptech unifilter. Dyno results were some what inconclusive.

Autovation pedals (better heel 'n toe), Dave's short shift kit, type R chassis bars, headers and type R sway bars if you are running stock bars. If it's a stock 93 header, you are holding 15-20 HP back. I would then do a 97+ or RB (racing brake) brake upgrade, then Comptech Supercharger.

Bang for the buck would be exhaust, after that look at your wheels & tires.
Are the wheels heavy? Do you have sticky OEM type tires? How was the car lowered? Dali sway bars would be next on my list if yours are stock.
IMO getting these cars to corner at amazing rates is much more fun than trying to coax a few more mph in a straight line. Just my 2..........
Have had my car to 155mph with more left. Rock solid & silent. I have no interest in making this car faster or quicker. I concentrate on being a better driver rather than trying to out do the engine designers at Honda.
I mean how many can actually drive these cars anywhere near their potential in anything other than a straight line?

No cost mod = removing weight. Remove items you don't want/need in the car (spare tire + bracket, get smaller battery, remove misc items/junk from trunk, etc).

Looking at your avatar, it appears that you have some big shiny wheels. As suggested already - look at your wheels for weight reduction.

Back