New engine price?

Im a neewbie to nsx's, Im looking to get one but as a teenager the only possibilty would be a 91, probably with high miles, I could proabaly sell my car for like 27,000...
I have seen some nsx's with high miles for like 22,000....How much would a new engine cost, new tranny...other stuff ill need...is this a good idea or just keep looking for low miles?

About how many miles is the engine good for (assuming it was driven responsibly) 150,000?:confused:

ANY advise would be great

stik6shift00 said:
Im a neewbie to nsx's, Im looking to get one but as a teenager the only possibilty would be a 91, probably with high miles, I could proabaly sell my car for like 27,000...
I have seen some nsx's with high miles for like 22,000....How much would a new engine cost, new tranny...other stuff ill need...is this a good idea or just keep looking for low miles?

About how many miles is the engine good for (assuming it was driven responsibly) 150,000?:confused:

If you want a low-milage NSX, you should look for a low-milage NSX. A NEW engine runs just under $30,000 (yes, that's thirty-thousand US dollars :) ) and new 5-speed transmission is around $7,000. You might be able to find a used low-milage 3.0L engine for $5K-$6K and transmission for around $3K. But keep in mind, low-milage 3.0L engines are hard to come by (ask me how I know :( ).

NSX is a reliable car, especially for an exotic. Of course, if regular maint. has not been performed, that's a problem. Be sure the check when the timing belt/water pump was last replaced. Besides the FAQ (which has tons of information), you can search the forums... There have even been some recent posts about NSXs with high milage, you might find them worth reading.

thanks alot...yeah ill just try looking for a low milage car, thats insane for the engine prices:eek:

stik6shift00 said:
ANY advise would be great

1. Make sure you have a reliable car that you can use in all kinds of weather in Chicago. The NSX doesn't qualify. Neither does your Camaro.

2. Save up to start building a stable financial future - for important things like a deposit on your own home, for example.

3. Once you have (1) and (2) taken care of, then start saving for an NSX to use as your second car. Wait until you have enough to buy a car that has been well-maintained and doesn't have a ridiculously high number of miles. For example, you can get a very nice '91-93 with ~50K miles in the low thirties. This is a much better value than saving a few grand to buy something with 2-3 times as many miles.

Good luck.

Back