New Dubai owner...

...and yes I picked JetPilot's brains first and no it's not the yellow dumped one :smile:

Just picked this up a fortnight ago for what I think was a steal. It's a 1991 auto, absolutely stock, except for the later alloys, with just 33k on the clock.

From what I can tell one owner from new in the States (Texas - you guys probably know him), then exported here in 2008.

It's incredibly clean for a 20 yr old car - check out the engine shot! That said it's off to a local expert at the recommendation of Cam for a full check up.

Basically, I'm loving it and thought I'd say hi.

Looking at the pics, not sure why I put so many, after all you all know what a Berlina Black 91 looks like :biggrin:

Attachments

• NSX-Small-2-1.jpg
    NSX-Small-2-1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 138
  • NSX-Small-2-2.jpg
    NSX-Small-2-2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 130
  • NSX-Small-2-3.jpg
    NSX-Small-2-3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 112
  • NSX-Small-2-4.jpg
    NSX-Small-2-4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 121
  • NSX-Small-2-5.jpg
    NSX-Small-2-5.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 101
You can't post enough pics of a black NSX. Beautiful, looks like mine when I bought it.:biggrin: Welcome.

welcome_red_carpet2.jpg

Cheers Guys, I look forward to being around for a while.

I've a history of modding bikes quite heavily and there's loads of inspiration here for the NSX, but something is saying keep it stock...

Welcome, Very Nice.... Beautiful Car.

That Yellow One still sit'n out along side the road? Last I read, it sounded like it would most likely end up crushed or parted out :frown: acct unable to get it licensed & legal again.

Thanks for sharing...

I'm not sure on the yellow one, I've not seen it yet but I'll have a look.

There's always the attitude here that if you know the right person you can sort things, laws and procedures are flexible, but trawling back through the posts it sounds like Cam exhausted most avenues.

It's probably still sat there in limbo with nobody able to take the initiative and register it or indeed crush it.

A criminal waste.

Almost forgot, it passed it's first test tonight, I took it to one the flash hotels and got it valet parked... yep, it was bang at the front when I came back, amidst maranello's best and the odd Bentley.

When the valet asked what it was I didn't have the heart to say a 20yr old Honda :smile:

You've got to love these cars!

Nice one Matt! Take it to Rizvy if you feel you need to but I know the prior owner took good care of the car anyway.

If you are around I'd like to see it...+971 50 970 3910

Cam

Nice one Matt! Take it to Rizvy if you feel you need to but I know the prior owner took good care of the car anyway.

If you are around I'd like to see it...+971 50 970 3910

Cam

It's booked in with him Saturday morning for a once over - cheers for the intro :cool:

I'll give you a shout when he's given me the verdict. :smile:

Compression 210psi across the board.
Bit of a leaking valve cover gasket
Minor shift shock 1 to 2 but nothing to worry about
TB needs cleaning and injectors flushed
Centre console cracked
Little bit of noise from the EPS steering rack - excessive play in the recirc bolt screw?
ABS, TCS, brakes, suspensions, steering, good
Everything else good.

Not bad for a '91 in my book :smile:

Back