New DFW NSX Owner

Hi everyone. I am purchasing an '91 NSX and will take ownership early next month. Was wondering if there is a good shop in the DFW area i can take it to other than David McDavid or Goodson.

I work with someone who recommended http://www.samandjoes.com/ but im hesitant to go there unless i hear from someone that has an NSX that has been there.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi everyone. I am purchasing an '91 NSX and will take ownership early next month. Was wondering if there is a good shop in the DFW area i can take it to other than David McDavid or Goodson.

I work with someone who recommended http://www.samandjoes.com/ but im hesitant to go there unless i hear from someone that has an NSX that has been there.

Thanks for the advice!

There is someone close to Sam and Joes in Arlington who owns and parks his red NSX outside his shop sometimes. Cant remember the name. I have never been completely satisfied with Sam and Joe's.

Unfortunately there are too many hacks out there to risk anything other than a factory trained and authorized mechanic to do the work. I've heard rumors and have leads to some but just haven't pulled the trigger.
PM me for one lead. You can be the Guinea pig ;)
I would like to find one.

Last edited:
First, congratulations!

Second, I think you will find most people here use Goodson Acura for most major maintenance and repair work. I just dropped my NSX off yesterday for timing belt / 90k maint work so I hope so :)

I am a newer NSX owner myself, but I believe that Goodson has a much better reputation of working with the NSX community as well as having an NSX master tech on site.

Good luck with the new car, I'm up in Plano so honk if you see me!

WE would love to have you down for NSX craze if its all ready to go. Check out the thread for more information in the Southwestern section.

thanks
Blaine Waddell

MrTwo

Thanks for the reply, Ya it looks like i will be bringing it there for service, I cant seem to find a shop with a good reputation for working on the NSX so i think its worth it to spend the extra money at this point.

Blackoutz

I would love to go, but i will be in Houston visiting family that weekend, was thinking about making a side trip there, but we are bringing the Dog so now we are taking a differant car :(

Back