New chicago owner, 1991 Acura NSX

hey guys, been searching for an NSX for quite some time now and finally did it. just picked up my 1991 Acura NSX from the east coast and drove it to chicago...this NSX will be joining my 1994 Toyota Supra! :)

car drove perfectly well (although the TCS light and CEL came on briefly, dont know why)but its been a good car

I do have a question regarding the cars idle, whenever i turn the AC - the idle fluctuates (assuming its just a vac hose?), any one ever have this problem? even with the AC off the idle is fluctuating but not as noticeable
-----

looking forward to learning new things here as ive heard nothing but good things about the NSX prime members!

nsx.jpg

COngrats, my TCS light comes on as well at times. I haven't looked into the problem yet.

Congrats!

At first I couldn't believe you found one in Chicago because I have been looking for over a year locally.

More pics!

thank you! i searched chicago for a very long time and realized its time to look out of state.. ill post more pics soon! good luck on ur search!

COngrats, my TCS light comes on as well at times. I haven't looked into the problem yet.

well good to know its not a rare problem, car drives fine-- thats all that matters to me :D

Nice car! I was tempted to buy that exact car! Now we need pics of the Poopra and the NSX together!

Nice car! I was tempted to buy that exact car! Now we need pics of the Poopra and the NSX together!

it was for sale for quite some time, any reason you didnt get it? it needs a lot of TLC and a repaint-- it'll take time but i'll get it back in shape! ill post pics as soon as i get the cars clean :D

congrats! What are the tire sizes? Maybe that is the culprit.. hmmmm

thanks Synth! currently rear tires are 255 40 17 and fronts are 225 40 16

---
btw, been searching online, havent found a direct answer-- is it normal for the nsx to have some what of a rough idle , mine seems to do it on cold starts and it usually goes away up until i turn the AC on?

Welcome! I park my 91 in the western burbs. Good to see another Chicago area owner!
Go to the miata.net tire size calculator and compare your current tire sizes to what the car came with. If you see any large differences that is probably what is causing the tcs light.

I have a uneven idle but only after the intake heat soaks when it sits after I drive it in hot weather, goes away after about 10 seconds.

it was for sale for quite some time, any reason you didnt get it? it needs a lot of TLC and a repaint-- it'll take time but i'll get it back in shape! ill post pics as soon as i get the cars clean :D

I wanted it and ready to give it some TLC, but it was a bit far from Texas to drive back by myself.

btw - Are you bringing the poopra to TX2k13? :biggrin:

Back