New Car Choice...

I currently drive a 2001 IS300 and am new to this site.. I have been researching information linked to 91+ NSX's for the past few months, and I must say, the NSX is one exotic car. I test drove a 92 5-speed a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with it.

I have always really liked the NSX's design since I was only 15 years old. The lease on my IS300 is due real soon.

Now, the hardest decision I will have to make is to go with a 91+ NSX OR a 93+ Supta TT. I know your opinions will be biased since you are all NSX owners... I would really appreciate if I can get some help here. Choosing between these two perfect machines is really difficult.

With the NSX you get 270 HP stock (91-96), VTEC, Titanium rods, mid-engine, PERFECT handling, and really exotic looks. If I got the NSX I wouldnt drive it everyday... I would get it as a weekend car and get a old accord or some older reliable car for school/work purposes. The one disadvantage from buying the NSX is the MODS are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive! Ex. Headers = $1400!!!!!

With the Supra TT you get 320 HP STOCK! and T-Tops (93+) great reliability like the NSX. The BEST part is the TWIN TURBO.. there are sooooo many mods and best of all the mods are way cheaper. (Blow-Off valve, downpipe, boost controller...) Everytime I hear the turbo spooling up, and the sound of the BOV afterwards, it really makes me wanna buy one!

NSX = More Exotic
Supra = More Power for LESS money

I've had a 95 Prelude SE before my current IS300 so I've owned both Honda and Toyota products.. Both cars offer great quality.

NSX OR Supra TT?????

thanx for the input in advance...

I was recently asking myself the exact same question. MKIV Supra or an early NSX. I recently asked a member of SupraForums.com, who owns a single turbo supra, a supercharged NSX, and a modded Viper, which car he would pick out of his Supra and his NSX. He whole-heartedly said he would keep the NSX, no doubt. In his words, it was just much more well put together and over all just a better car. Given the Supra can put 5-700+rwhp with ease ...how hard are you trying to impress people? To me, the NSX is much more of a drivers sports car. Hope I helped and I'm sure others will chime in.

Brandon

When I entertained thoughts of owning a used Supra TT before I got my NSX, I found it very difficult to even find one, let alone one that wasn't already modded out. That helped me come around real quick.
smile.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

I've also owned both and would take the NSX hands down. Supra prices are also riduculously inflated and will not hold up for long, although many Supra owners believe that they own a "classic".

I was in the same situation. I could have easily bought myself an MKIV Supra but decided to invest my money and wait for an NSX. You have to ask yourself what side do you want more.

The NSX is elegant, precise, light. The Supra is powerful, big, raw.

Test drive the Supra if you can. I personally like the open view of the NSX cockpit. I say "WOW" when I see a Supra but when I see an NSX, my jaw drops and I'm speechless. IMHO, the NSX is a more beautiful, exotic car.

if you want hp numbers, go with the supra, or a ho mustang. there are plenty of cars with higher hp ratings, or easily modified.

the analogy has been used here before, scalpel vs sledgehammer. the nsx is all scalpel. definately not for everyone.

Okay it depends on what you want from the car. If you are using the car for the drag strip I say get the supra. If you want a car to use from the pleasure of driving or racing on a road course then the NSX would be it.

From what I read I think your more interested in easy performance so I would say go with the Supra. But I may be wrong so don't take my word just do what you want.

Do a search on the NSXprime forums for all topics with "Supra" in the title. Search across all open forums so you get topics in the General Discussion forum as well as the New Cars / Comparisons forum. You will find lots of useful information.

Also look in the FAQ under Comparisons - Toyota.

I was between a 93+ Supra TT, 95+ 993, and 93-96 NSX last year.
Bought the NSX and have absolutely no regrets. I agree that the current 93+ Supras are overvalued. Heres an idea for your future license plate:
TIMELESS

I guess it depends on if you plan to make any turns under higher speeds. Not to mention resale value. NSX is one of those cars that really holds it value quite well. Especially since the production numbers are low, and interest is relativly high. IMO, the sheer striking looks of an NSX is a leg up already. The Supra is too "coupe-ie" for my sports car tastes.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

Back