New C6.

Got my first glance at one today not sure what I think of it.

Last edited:
Pictures do not do the car justice. I never liked the old C5 until I saw one in person. Even when I started looking at NSXs again... I had to remember how sweet they are in person because only a few pictures capture the car.

I haven't seen one in person yet (C6) but everything about the car is pretty impressive. If it wasn't for the NSX, I'd buy one.

I saw one in person and it looks just like the pix. It is a lot smaller than the C5, but has a lot of ugly lines IMO.

Is that a preproduction C6? I havn't seen any here in Michigan at any of the dealers. I was just in a Chevy dealer the other night and they were still sitting on a Z06 yet.

To me it looks like a combination of a 03 Viper and a Ferrari 550 squished together.

I saw several C6's at the GM hospitality area at the ALMS race at Mosport. I thought they looked better in person than in photos, but still prefer the looks of the C5 at this point. In a few years the C6 may look "right" to me and the C5 "old", but not yet. The 5 inch shorter length and the slightly stretched wheelbase do give the impression of a smaller car because of the reduced overhang, but 5 inches don't really make much difference in terms of size.

Saw one today going the opposite direction. Even though the looks are OK, the performance is an incredible bang for the buck.

NetViper said:
To me it looks like a combination of a 03 Viper and a Ferrari 550 squished together.

92NSX said:
Is it just me or does it strongely resemble a Viper?

I showed the pics from the opening post to my wife & she said (without seeing the quotes above) "it looks just like a Viper"

It looks a little contrived to me, like they tried to mix several different styles. There is no mistaking it's a Corvette however.

92NSX said:
Is it just me or does it strongely resemble a Viper?

...err... if you read two posts up, you'd see <B>NetViper</B> agreed with you. :D JUST TEASING... ;)

I think <B>NetViper</B> described it best; it's a '03 Viper + Ferrari 550 lovechild.
It looks okay, but it's no NSX.

I also think what hides it's most Corvette-feature is that the car's black, and these photos do not show the side vent very clearly.

Looks much like the C5 outside of the lights. It's very bulky looking still but then again, it's a muscle car. It needs to be about 2inches wider, 2 inches shorter, 1-2 inches smaller in length. I really do like the interior. These cars will sell like hotcakes.... I can already see the local highschools starting to fill up the parking spots with a few of these new ones...

newby said:
Pictures do not do the car justice.

I def. agree with this statement. I had the opportunity to see a few in Denver
yesterday (at different dealerships) and I must say my 1st impression - I think it looks very nice. Really like the front end and I also like what they did with the rear end. (I always thought the rear end on the c5 was BOATY and ugly).
Unfortunetly (sp?) in the next month or less the market will be so saturated(sp?) with the c6 that it just won't matter seeing on in person (my opinion).

I went and looked at the only one at a dealer in my area today. I was hoping to sit in it but it was sold and locked up. A sales guy there who I dealt with before was giving me a hard time about my "foreign job" and when they're going to get me out of it. I said that probably won't happen. Just goes to show how good this car is if I'm willing to keep it over a new vette (and mines a 91!). I do like the vette, I think it's one of the best looking outside, but has the best interior as well, I just don't want to be one of the many owners who will have one locally very soon. I even told the sales guy that and he agreed you'd never get another NSX owner pulling up to you at a light asking what dealer did you get yours from as you do with the Vette. :D

D'Ecosse said:
& how many NSX's did you see in that same period?
See, they're already as common as mud!

<------agrees TOTALLY

I really like the C6 (it looks quite nice in orange), but it will never be an NSX. Nothing will (and I don't just mean that in the literal sense)...

dnyhof said:
I went and looked at the only one at a dealer in my area today. I was hoping to sit in it but it was sold and locked up. A sales guy there who I dealt with before was giving me a hard time about my "foreign job" and when they're going to get me out of it.

That is to funny. :D

I love it. I think it looks great and the performance #'s are incredible especially given it's price. Chevrolet has upped the ante again. I think it's great being in the midst of a car/horsepower war. Just wish Honda would join the fray with a new NSX. C'mon Honda!

dnyhof said:
I just don't want to be one of the many owners who will have one locally very soon. :D

I completely agree with this statement. If the c6 was more rare or less common I would seriously consider it. (not as a replacement but as an adition)

Back