NEW C6 pics... complete car being trailered

vette2.jpg

vette1.jpg

vette3.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=692895

Looks nice but it's a pretty timid re-style. Dated, especially next to Gallardo & HSC. But still the value leader.

I plan to be in attendance for thepress unveiling of the new C6 at the NAIAS in Detroit in early January. Once I have full pics of the angles and the interior, I'll be posting them so we can all see what it will look like in full. As it is now, I think they took too many cues from the Viper, and the tail still looks too fat to me. Since I can't see the front, I'll have to wait before I can form a solid opinion on it...

In keeping with decades of Corvette tradition the view shown of the car on top of a trailer or tow truck will be THE way most people will see the C6 in it's first model year !!!:D

YUK... I think the side is HORRIBLE. Looks like the C6 had sex with a Z4 and came out with this.

Maybe it will look better in person! -- I hope.

Tucsonxs, That is very funny :D More truth then most vette owners would admit.

nah I think this is when Chevy vette xxxed a dodge viper and tries to marry the reversed DNA of the NSX

I also think it looks like a new Viper and C5 mixed. I like the rear(which is what I'll be seeing). :( But the long hood totally turns me off as it did with the C5.

How about some colors .. not the best.. but didnt have a lot of time..

Attachments

• c6red.jpg
    c6red.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 533
I would say looking at the smaller pics, it is very much a Viper and C5 crossed together...

NetViper said:
For o-ace.

The C6 may not be a revolutionary design but I think it looks good. Sure, it may be a cross between a C5 and a Viper...but that's OK. I don't mind the styling of the new Viper; reminds of the S2K actually. If the C6 is a nice combo and comes with a kickass interior and costs less than $50K...it will be a winner. Actually, as far as sales go, I think it will be a winner regardless since the Corvette has a huge following. People haven't even seen the car and are putting deposits down (kinda like some people here putting deposits on the next gen NSX).

-Awais

Lot s of similarity angles compare to the current C5.

T Bell said:
I think Chris Bangle did an excellent job with the Z4, M3, 7 series and now the 5 series. They are bad ass looking and "look" to be worth the asking price.
But haven't you heard...Bangle's an Evil Mercedes Robot: Bangle Article :D

So far, I think it looks great! Though seeing the front is going to be a big factor in the appearance equation. I'll reserve final judgement until then.

FWIW, I have yet to meet anyone (even two owners) who think the current 7 series is attractive. The 5 series looks even worse and at best the Z4 is "controversial." Pics of the 6 series coupe, look...well "controversial" is the operative word.

Now what kind of engine is supposed to be powering the C6? Rumors on the next gen Z06 engine?

Well I see more as you say "ugly" 7's on the road now than any other production year. They must be winning someone over! I love the big bad ass rear end of the 7. It looks mean as hell. I have always liked BMW's (4 year member of the BMWCCA) but now I love them! :D

As far as the C6 goes, It will sell a ton (due to the bargain) but still looks like it is missing a bit on the looks dept. It is stuck between a Grand Touring car and a true Sports car as far as looks go. Maybe GM wants to grab sales from both buyer types????

The 7 has grown on me... I like it except the trunk. I HATE the 5.. looks worse.. and the Z4 is nasty to me.

Shawn, the new vette is supposed to have a 6L 405 HP engine stock and the Z06 closer to 500 HP.

NetViper said:
The 7 has grown on me... I like it except the trunk. I HATE the 5.. looks worse..
WHen I first saw the new 5 series, I thought it was the new Grand Prix. :(

Somehow I'm coming to admire styling from years gone by more than many of the "current" trends.

Re: C6, I like it so far. Keep in mind this is one side-shot and there's only so much detail you can see. I'll reserve my final judgement until I see some front 1/4-views. Chevy definitely was not pushing the envelope styling-wise but hey, the C5 isn't looking dated yet anyway.

Back