New Book: "Honda Acura NSX Ultimate Portfolio" 12/10

sold out =(

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. I thought at first it might just be a repackaged version of the "Performance Portfolio," but it's not.
Due out in December. Merry Chistmas to us!:biggrin:

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. I thought at first it might just be a repackaged version of the "Performance Portfolio," but it's not.

I want one now:biggrin:

I don't understand. That link points to a review of the 355 done in 1994, which implied the 355 was faster than the NSX.

Exactly - but then the 02+ came out that was a completely different car according to Chris Harris (Autocar at the time). There was no way it only had <300bhp

I have been wondering this too.

I have the "Performance Portfolio" already, but I was holding off getting the "Ultimate Portfolio" because I was worried that it was nothing more than the "Performance Portfolio" with some updated articles on the second generation thrown in.

If I understand correctly, it doesn't have repeats of the "Performance Portfolio" articles and it's all new stuff, right?

My book finally came, good reading but all content I've seen and read before. Still a good pickup, and interesting none the less. I got it just for the Zanardi articles.

What "infamous" press car?
Steve

The "press cars" I am aware of are the NA2 NSX-R examples that Honda provides to media outlets for comparison tests. These cars always meet or beat the performance of other cars that in reality should blow them away. It is pretty much an open secret these days that these press cars are not OEM stock. Watch any Best Motoring and you will always see the presenters make sure to comment that the NSX-R they are testing is a press car with a wink and a smile. Tsuchiya always mentions when driving his own NSX-R that the competing car is a Honda press car and that he hopes he can just be as fast. It is clear the Japanese presenters know something about those press cars. We probably never wiill know the real answer. My guess is Honda threw a Toda 3.5 stroker in them. You'd never know by looking at the engine bay... :biggrin:

The "press cars" I am aware of are the NA2 NSX-R examples that Honda provides to media outlets for comparison tests. These cars always meet or beat the performance of other cars that in reality should blow them away. It is pretty much an open secret these days that these press cars are not OEM stock. Watch any Best Motoring and you will always see the presenters make sure to comment that the NSX-R they are testing is a press car with a wink and a smile. Tsuchiya always mentions when driving his own NSX-R that the competing car is a Honda press car and that he hopes he can just be as fast. It is clear the Japanese presenters know something about those press cars. We probably never wiill know the real answer. My guess is Honda threw a Toda 3.5 stroker in them. You'd never know by looking at the engine bay... :biggrin:

You always have great info Honcho, thanks for this inside look. I always learn something from you!

We probably never wiill know the real answer. My guess is Honda threw a Toda 3.5 stroker in them. You'd never know by looking at the engine bay... :biggrin:

Just FYI, you could easily tell by driving it (outside of the obvious it's faster realization). In stroked cars with the stock throttle body, the torque curves fall at around 5800 rpm and is quite evident during driving.

supposedly Dave S. in our NE region has a yellow coupe that was a US press car and he has done a 12.5 sec 1/4 mile..

Back