New Bimmers/ on-line alt station

Went to BMW dealer yesterday to look at 325/30xi models. Salesman said that a ci (2 door) offering xi's all wheel drive is "in the works." Currently the four door is the only 3 series with the xi option. My God, just think about an M3/xi combo, good night S4. He also mentioned the next gen 5 series due out next year with an AWD option.

For those interested in alternative music, read: anti-Clear-channel, read on.
www.woxy.com is perhaps one of the few independent radio stations left in the US, besides college radio of course. Check them out if your into anything between not-beaten to death Elvis Costello songs to mild hip-hop artists like Jurassic 5. Did you know that more that 10 European artists still exist? Well WOXY has been playing popular such various artists that get zero radio play in the US. Ever heard of Stereophonics, The Doves, Travis, Ladytron, or JJ72? BTW The Violent Femmes did have more songs besides "Blister in the Sun." Their even playing new songs off of Johnny Cash's new album.

This is basically an indie, emo, mild-hip hop, new rock, but do pay tribute to founders of alt rock (so you'll hear an old Velvet Undergroung song now and then) station.

I have been listening on-line for a few months now and figured I'd spread the word. Note: a couple hours of listen time is req'd to grasp their diversity. They are in Ohio, but I have no affiliation.

Originally posted by john576:
My God, just think about an M3/xi combo, good night S4.
................................................................................................................................................
Although a current Bimmer owner, I will be taking a close look at the new 2003 S4. It will have a 4.2 L V-8 pumping 344 hp. Depending on the weight of the M3/xi combo, it will be a close call up to 3rd gear. Beyond that, V-8 torque will prevail.
Also, BMW tuners are having a tough time squeezing more power (chip, intake, and exhaust) out of the maxed out 3.2 L engine.
The S4 has more potential with 4.2 L and 5 valves per cylinder.
Just my $.02.

Tuners are definitely having a tough time since I have been checking around for my M3. In regards to potential, the current S4 has huge potential for HP, 400+. I see that you are in Cleveland, I have been driving my M3 all winter here in Ann Arbor with snow tires and the car feels much better than my prior AWD Eclipse GSX. M GO BLUE! ha ha

Tim

Back