New Bay Area Owner

Good Day, esteemed denizens of NSXPrime. I am actually 6 weeks into my ownership of 90.5k 1995 JH4NA1188ST000308 (bought at a consignment dealer in Sacramento 02/19/2011), and we have fit together quite, quite nicely. This is the first time I have stopped driving it/modding it/photographing it long enough to sit down and rhyme. I am seriously in love, and I really do not know what to do with myself... other than slave to earn money and give it all to NSX part vendors.

I am excited to join such a dedicated, knowledgeable group of owners. I am a former Toyota Engineer, so I did the only thing that makes sense with the money from there: buy a SWEET Honda :tongue:

I really hope to get to know the community, and to use (hopefully) a little of my experience/knowledge to give back in a positive manner... as soon as I stop driving around so damn much.

Without further ado (tons, tons more where these came from):

Good Day, esteemed denizens of NSXPrime. I am actually 6 weeks into my ownership of 90.5k 1995 JH4NA1188ST000308 (bought at a consignment dealer in Sacramento 02/19/2011), and we have fit together quite, quite nicely. This is the first time I have stopped driving it/modding it/photographing it long enough to sit down and rhyme. I am seriously in love, and I really do not know what to do with myself... other than slave to earn money and give it all to NSX part vendors.

I am excited to join such a dedicated, knowledgeable group of owners. I am a former Toyota Engineer, so I did the only thing that makes sense with the money from there: buy a SWEET Honda :tongue:

I really hope to get to know the community, and to use (hopefully) a little of my experience/knowledge to give back in a positive manner... as soon as I stop driving around so damn much.

Without further ado (tons, tons more where these came from):

Looks great. Congrats. Love the wings west. Did you install recently. I just installed the front wings west lip. And it looks great.

Attachments

• 2011-04-02_11-25-00_33.jpg
    2011-04-02_11-25-00_33.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 69
Looks great. Congrats. Love the wings west. Did you install recently. I just installed the front wings west lip. And it looks great.

It was on there when I picked her up. I have heard some of their kits for other cars (friend with an FC RX-7) do not look nearly as good, but I really love the lines. I can definitely see why you'd get that lip, it has garnered several comments!

Welcome to the club! Just curious, why no Supra?:wink:

Welcome to the club! Just curious, why no Supra?:wink:

EASY! I was part of a large group of engineers, and in 2006 we all clamored for more information regarding a new Supra (or whatever else in the sporting realm, if you will). We were met mostly with blank stares. Also, we did not get any significant discount on used cars.

So once that situation irked me, it was easy to reject all 'yotas heading forward. I then bought a Mazdaspeed 3 (quite the angry little beast), and have never looked back.

I actually intend no disrespect when I say: Toyota wants to sell to Grandma. Since I, personally,

1. am not female
2. have no children
3. drive and act (and in fact am) under the age of 60

they had little in the way of offerings for me. With a lineup like Honda's, you can tell their aims are quite different. My managers were definitely a little miffed when we had a mid-size segment comparison drive, and the majority chose the Accord over the Camry! The rest, as they say, is history...

Nice car! I live in Sacramento and I saw that NSX for sale. If i remember correctly it had a carbon fiber hood though. Nice find!!! :biggrin:

I was eyeing the F355 they had for awhile but the mrs vetoed until the Tahoe is payed off .. :-(

All you need is the NSX, Jeff. The Mrs. is correct at this time.

And to not stray away from the original post, whatever you paid for the car is the value you felt most comfortable with, so good for you. I remember s1ck92, mikexike, and I were negotiating with Luxury Motors for the same exact car a few months ago. Glad someone was able to obtain that gorgeous car :cool:

Back